~Chapter 9: Hospitalized~

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine," I said. Before Diana could respond the door swung open and a doctor and Mack walked into the room.

"I thought I heard voices in here." The doctor tried to joke but I didn't find it funny at all. "I see you are awake, Miss. Mercer. That's a good sign."

I was confused. It didn't hit me until he stepped into the room. I'm in a hospital...a hospital. "Hospital, hospital. I'm in a hospital." I said slowly. "Get me out of here, now!" I said angry and upset. I don't ever want to be in a hospital. Ever since she died, I've never wanted to go to a hospital no matter where it was located.

I don't want to be in a place she died in. "Lena calm down." Mack's voice carried across the room. The others might have thought it to be calming, but to me, I knew it was a threat.

"I just want to go home! I don't want to be here." I said as tears fell down my cheeks.

"Lena," Diana said. "The doctor has a few questions for you before you can leave." I looked at everyone in the room. Mack had a smirk on his face. Diana looked worried. Zach, well Zach I wasn't sure what he was thinking or feeling. I mean he is the bad boy in West Fields, but I would never think he would be in here with me.

That has got to be a first for anyone.

I sighed. "Fine, but please make it quick. I don't want to be here any longer than I have to." I said. "Hospitals bring back bad memories," I whispered to myself.

"Of course, Miss. Mercer." The doctor said. He faced the crowd in my room. "Will you all please go wait in the waiting room while I talk to Miss. Mercer privately?"

No one objected to the doctor's request. Mack shot me a glare while Diana gave me a small smile on their way out. Once they were gone the Doctor pulled a stood out and sat beside my bed. "Now the first question I have is why do you have so many bruises and cuts on your body Miss. Mercer?" He asked.

"Bad experience." That was all I said.

The doctor didn't look like he believed me. "I'm serious Miss. Mercer. Some of those bruises you have look fresh as if you got them within the past week."

I sighed. "Well doctor, as you can tell by the pool incident that had happened to me, I am very clumsy," I said. "I bruise very easily and when I do get hurt I usually get multiple bruises along my body," I explained to him. I hope he bought it.

The doctor didn't say a word but wrote down what I said. He asked me a few more questions. Some of them I answered without a problem while others I had to lie about. Here I go again with the lying! I seriously hate it.

After about thirty minutes I was allowed to leave the hospital. Thank God. While we were heading out to the parking lot Mack got a phone call. After a few minutes of him talking on the phone, he handed it to me. "It's dad." He said with a slight smile on his face. I was in for it now.

"Hello," I said. I walked a bit away from the group knowing I would need some space.

"Bitch what did I tell you about being on your best behavior?" Dad shouted through the phone.

"You told me to not do anything that would get me into trouble." I said. Mack had told me all of this information before we even went to Zach's house.

"And what did you not do?" He said.

"Obey."

"That's right." He growled. "I've decided to stay here for four more days instead of the whole month. Mack is going to be joining me for the remainder of the time."

He's leaving me on my own? Well not completely but alone without Mack or him around. That's odd. I thought.

"I expect you to do as you are told. I WILL be watching you."

After he finished talking, he hung up. I sighed. I'm going to get it when they get back. I walk back over to the group. "What did your father want?" Diana asked right off the bat.

"He said that Mack is going to go join him on his business trip and that instead of staying the whole month he is only going to stay for four more days." I explained.

Mack shot me a glare that spoke the same warning as my father. They will be watching me even when they are both gone. "Okay, well we will go back to the house and Mack can get his stuff," Diana said as we all got into the car. "Then while I leave you two at home, I'll take Mack to the airport."

Diana frowned at Zach. "That means being on your best behavior, Zach."

"Yeah yeah, I know the drill mom," Zach replied. "I'm sure princess and I will be fine."

Sadly, Zach was in front of me, so I could see his face when I glared at the back of his head for a long time. The car was silent on the way back to the house. Once back at the house Diana dropped Zach and me off while Mack ran in and got his bag before getting back into the car.

Zach and I didn't speak a word and we headed to our separate rooms to do who knows what. Once inside my room I let out a breath a hadn't realized I had been holding. For a few days, I'm free of Mack and my father's torcher.

A few days...