"What 'other couple'?" Sol tried her best not to blush.

"Don't lie, Sol," Ann grinned at her. "You're a terrible liar. Your face is turning red as we speak."

"Someone's in love!" Lighting grinned. "Spill, Sol. Who was it?"

Sol pulled the hood of her jacket up and over her eyes. She really didn't want to tell them. It wasn't that she was embarrassed, or ashamed, of what had happened. She just didn't want the group to tease her about it.

"It was Lazerus," Lightning guessed correctly. "Wasn't it? Sol and Lazerus, sitting in a tree. K. I. S. S. I. N. G."

"Aww," Andy smiled. "Sol, I'm happy for you."

"Ugh," Sol groaned, hiding further into her hood.

"Ah! OTP! Was it you're first kiss," Lightning grinned. "Was it? Was it? Was it?"

"Guuuuuyyyyyyyyssssss," Sol wined.

"Leave her alone," Lazerus sighed.

He walked over to Sol and carefully removed her hood. She tried to stop him, but relented once she noticed who it was that was pulling the hood. I swear I have zero shame, Lazerus thought to himself. He tipped Sol's head back and kissed her. Ann made dry vomiting noises, Nerida laughed, Lightning squealed in delight, and Andy adverted his eyes, embarrassed. As Lazerus pulled away, he couldn't help noticing how cute Sol looked. Her hair was messy from the hood, her face was painfully red, and her eyes where squeezed shut. Lazerus chuckled and patted her head. She cracked one eye open and peered at him.

"Just ignore them, okay?" Lazerus kissed her on the cheek before returning to the stove.

Faust walked into the room. He gave the group a smile that didn't quite reach his ears and approached Lazerus. He whispered something to him. Lazerus looked sad for a moment, but then nodded. Faust clasped him on the shoulder and left back the way he came. Everyone could tell that Lazerus had not received good news. Lazerus turned off the stove and took off the apron he had been wearing. Setting it on the counter, he turned to the group.

"Mary's waking up," Lazerus smiled sadly. "Want to meet her?"

Sol nodded and rose to her feet. She was worried about Lazerus's response. She thought Mary waking up was great news, but Lazerus was acting as if he had received bad news. There was something strange going on here. Lazerus lead the way back to the room with the cell that held Mary. Faust opened the door for them. Lazerus carefully entered the cell. Mary groaned and rolled over. This was the first-time Sol had gotten a chance to really look at Mary. She looked like a younger, more feminine Lazerus. The only difference was Mary's bright green eyes and a small beauty mark near the corner of her right eye. Lazerus patted Mary of the head, lingering a little longer than intended.

"Cinco minutos más!" Mary groaned, rolling over again.

"At least I know for sure it's here," Lazerus chuckled.

"I just heard," Jack raced into the room, worried. "Is she alright?"

"She's fine, Jack," Lazerus smiled at him. "I'll let her rest. She's earned it."

"Is he okay?" Jack whispered to Sol.

"I'm not sure," Sol shrugged.

They returned to the kitchen and finished breakfast. As Sol and Ann did the dishes, the others sat around chatting. They filled Andy in on everything they had found out. Johnny's betrayal and Michael's death surprised Andy. As they finished their morning coffee, Andy gave his account of everything he could remember from his time with the enemy. He admitted he didn't know much about the project, but he had seen one other test subject. Everyone stopped to listen to him describe the man.