Chapter 16: Senioritis

Start from the beginning

--

"Since this is our last day to be baby free until next week, where do you want to go eat for lunch?"

"I thought you told me you only take people who have their license."

"You're the only exception."

I moved my head so my hair could cover my blushing cheeks. "Should I feel honored?"

Tyler looked around the now empty hallway before kissing my forehead. "Definitely. Now where do you want to go?"

"Hm," I mused, starting to walk to the door leading to the parking lot. "I'll see when we get into your car."

"You mean," he corrected, following me. "My awesome, totally rad Chevy? Alright."

I let out a chuckle as we exited the school quickly, rushing to his car so we wouldn't be seen. He opened the door for me, allowing me to sit before he closed it, and hurried to the driver's seat.

"Decided yet?" he asked, starting his truck.

"Not really sure," I responded. "Surprise me."

Tyler backed out of his parking spot and drove out of the lot. "Oh I will."

We drove for a few minutes, until he took a sudden left turn into the McDonalds' drive thru.

"This is a surprise," I said, watching as he drove up to give our order.

"I'll get you all the fries you want, babe," he grinned.

"Ah, I can hear them calling my name," I giggled, and I gave him a soft smile as he ordered for us.

After receiving our order, complete with many, many fries, we were back at campus. We ate in his truck, watching as other juniors and seniors walked back into the school with fast food bags in their hands.

"You know," I ventured, breaking our comfortable silence. "Sometimes I wish we didn't have to hide."

Tyler paused in his eating, giving me a look of understanding and sadness. "I know, but we both agreed to keep us a secret."

"But it's hard," I mumbled. "I just hate how, if we do say something, everyone will be watching us like hawks to see if one of us fucks up."

Tyler nodded. "Trust me, I wish I could hold your hand in the hallways just so I can be next to you, but at the same time, I know that's what they'll do. Watch us, waiting to see, since I'm the fuckboy and all, whether I'll cheat on you or not. Which, I will never do, by the way."

I stayed silent for a moment, wiping my fingers on a napkin before taking his hand. He held on tightly, as if he was afraid to let go.

"This weekend," he said after a few more moments of silence. "We'll hang out at my house with Tyshaeisha and watch movies all day and take care of her. We can be as cozy as we want with each other, provided we turn her carriage around so she can't see us."

I let out a small smile and kissed his cheek. "That sounds like a great idea."

Finally eighth period rolled around, and I thought the day would continue to be good, but I was wrong. Dead wrong.

"Partners today," Dr. Vafter exclaimed, giving all of us a steel look. "I chose, no complaints."

A few of the class let out groans, but he silenced them with a glare, and called out the partnerships. I exchanged a small look with Tyler, wishing I could just sit next to him instead of being stuck in between him and Connor. Dr. Vafter began calling out names, which cued the scrape of chairs against tile. I waited, slightly on the edge of my seat, hoping it wouldn't be-