The Weekend

"I just want you for the weekend. I need you like the beat inside my head. I just want you for the weekend. I know I'm gonna see your face again." ~ The Weekend

***************

"Ugh," I groaned as I flushed the toilet for the third time this morning.

When I woke up on this beautiful and sunny Sunday morning, what was the first thing I did? Yep, you guessed it: threw up. I know it was morning sickness, but damn! I'm pretty sure pregnant women don't throw up that much.

I brushed my teeth as I looked at myself in the mirror. Let me tell you: I looked horrific! My hair looked like a bird's nest, my eyes were slightly red from the lack of sleep, my makeup was smeared, and lastly, there was toothpaste all over my mouth.

I quickly finished brushing my teeth and tried to make myself look decent before going downstairs to make breakfast. After ten minutes of internal debating, I settled for a white tank top with a big yellow happy face and light blue jean shorts with my hair up in a messy bun.

Taking two steps at a time, I reached the kitchen where, lo and behold, the girls were eating my food. Nicole stood at the stove making eggs while Danielle and Jade were sitting at the table eating cereal and talking about last night.

"I'd ask why you girls are here, but that would be a complete waste of time, don't you think," I jokingly asked as I opened the fridge to get the milk out.

"Hey, you're the one who decided to give us the key to your front door," Jade defended. She got up, put her empty bowl in the sink and sat back down.

"That was my second mistake," I replied as I poured Frosted Flakes and milk into my bowl before putting it up.

"What was the first mistake," Nicole asked as she sat down next to Danielle at the table.

"Wasting two years of my life with that douchebag Jason," I stuffed my mouth with cereal.

Everybody murmured their agreements. "What attracted you to him anyways," Danielle wondered as she leaned closer to me.

I pushed my bowl away from me as I thought about him. His black hair up in a quiff, his piercing hazel eyes, his pink tinted lips, and the slight stubble on his jaw. Realizing that I was trailing off, I shook my head and replied, "I have no idea. Maybe I was drunk for two years."

Clearing my throat, I stood up and took my still full bowl to the sink. I gripped the sink and closed my eyes as my stomach churned. The feeling passed and I let out a relieved sigh. I do not enjoy throwing up every day.

I headed back to my seat at the table. "I'm going to need someone to take me to--" I started talking until my phone started ringing.

"God, are you ever going to change your ringtone. I mean I love a good Mariah Carey song, but damn! A girl can only take so much of 'We Belong Together'," Jade exclaimed.

I shrugged and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Hi, may I speak to Amber Garcia, please," a woman's voice rang.

"This is Amber. How may I help you," I politely reply.

"This is Lily from the pregnancy center. I was calling to confirm your appointment for an ultrasound on Wednesday. Will you still be available that day?"

"Yes ma'am, I will."

"Okay, great. Your appointment is going to be scheduled for 2:30 in the afternoon at Santa Monica Hospital. Is that okay," Lily asked.

"That's perfect, but may I ask why it's going to be at the hospital? I was under the impression that Dr. Richards was doing the ultrasound there at the pregnancy center," I furrowed my eyebrows.

Drunk On LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara