Heartbreak Story

"He gave you up and then he let you down. All the trust is broken now. Can't remember how it used to be. Doesn't have to be a heartbreak story. Just say you'll let me in your heart, I should've been there from the start. I promise you as long as you're with me. There'll never be heartbreak story" ~Heartbreak Story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

"Do you want us to be here for support when you tell Jay", Nicole asked as I slipped on a cami, no longer needing to hide my stomach.

"No, I need to do this by myself", I say more to myself than to her.

She looked unconvinced, but nodded nonetheless.

"Okay, but just in case you need any of us, call and we'll get here in less than ten minutes, alright?"

I gave a small smile as an answer.

She and the girls left shortly after.

Because I couldn't sit still, I decided to clean the house. It wasn't messy, but I needed to occupy myself somehow.

I blasted Ed Sheeran and began cleaning the kitchen. Within two hours, I was done with the entire house.

Feeling sweaty, I grabbed my towel and took a warm shower, making sure to take my time.

Once I was satisfied, I turned the water off and wrapped the towel around my body. Heading into my room, I put on a pair of sweats and a blue v-neck, along with a pair of pink fuzzy socks.

It was a bit cold in the house and I didn't feel like turning up the thermostat.

I grabbed my blow dryer and ran my brush through my hair as I dried it. When I was done, I braided my hair.

Then the doorbell rang.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

"Do you want anything to drink", I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"Uh, yeah. I'll take some coffee", Jay responded.

I nodded and walked to the kitchen. Light footsteps behind me told me that Jay was following me.

A chair scraped across the floor as I turned the coffee pot on. The coffee aroma instantly filled the room, as well as awkward silence.

I grabbed a Mickey Mouse coffee mug for Jay and a glass for me. Opening the fridge, I grabbed the orange juice and poured it in my glass.

The coffee was done by now so I poured it in the mug. Grabbing both the mug and glass, I walked to the table and set the coffee in front of Jay.

I sat down next to him and took in his appearance. He wore a white t-shirt with black basketball shorts and converse. A bit a stubble was visible on his chin and his eyes seemed dull.

"So", I started, my voice low.

He grabbed my hand and gave it a small squeeze. "You don't have to tell me now. I can wait", he said, but the look in his eyes made me stand strong in my decision.

"No, I need you to know everything. I want this relationship to last, and in order for that to happen, there needs to be honesty."

A sad smile graced his lips. He nodded, silently telling me to start.

I took a deep breath.

"As you know, both my parents passed away by the time I was nineteen. Of course, I was devastated. I was still young and realized that they would never see me walk down the aisle at my wedding, see my husband, or even...hold their first grandchild.