Rock Your Body

" We're gonna rock your body, Let's get on it. The beat of your heart will ignite.
We're gonna shock your body, CPR it. The dead won't be sleeping tonight" ~Rock Your Body

~~~
⭐⭐3 Weeks Later⭐⭐

"I can't wait until you come back next week", I say into my phone.

"Neither can I. The internet connection here sucks", Jay chuckles.

I laugh as well. "So how come the guys came back last week and you didn't?"

Last week, I had walked into my house after doing some grocery shopping, and I saw the guys, excluding Jay, sitting at the dining table, laughing. Nareesha was there as well. Needless to say, I was a little disappointed that Jay wasn't back.

"Oh, I had to stay behind to help my mum organize a room."

"Oh, okay", I bite my lower lip. God, this is a bad habit.

"I actually have a surprise for you", Jay says enthusiastically.

I couldn't help the grin from forming on my face. "Yeah? What is it?"

I hear a scoff at the end of the line. "It's called a surprise for a reason", he says jokingly.

I pout, even though he can't see it. Rolling onto my right side, I catch a glimpse at the clock. 9:49 p.m. "Hey, isn't it like three in the morning over there? What are you still doing up?"

"I wanted to have a conversation with this amazing girl before I fell asleep."

My heart warmed up at his words and a small smile made its way onto my lips.

"Plus, I don't have to pay to make calls overseas so I thought I'd take advantage of that."

And just like that, the smile fell. "Oh my gosh, that was so funny, I forgot to laugh", I say in a serious tone.

Laughter fills my ears. "I'm kidding. You know I'm-", he stops.

"You're what?"

"Nothing. Listen, you should go to sleep. Your surprise will be there tomorrow afternoon."

"Okay...I'll talk to you later", I hesitantly ask.

"Absolutely. Night, love", he whispers.

"Night, Jay", I whisper back.

After waiting a few seconds, I hang up, smiling. It had been a while since I had an actual conversation with Jay without the annoying loading signal on Skype.

Nonetheless, I fell asleep with a small smile on my face.

⭐⭐⭐

I woke up to the smell of waffles and bacon the next morning. Stretching, I glance at the clock to see that it's a little past 8 in the morning.

Throwing the covers off, I get out of bed and change into something more appropriate than my Betty Boop booty shorts and black tank top. After changing into yoga pants and a loose t-shirt, I walked into the restroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

Once I finished, I headed downstairs and walked into the kitchen to see who was making my favorite breakfast meal.

"What's the special occasion", I say as I walk through the doorway, only to stop short at the sight.

"What, is my presence not special enough for you", he jokingly said.

As girly as it sounds, I let out a small squeal and ran into his arms.