Chapter Twenty Seven

"Hercules, could you stop it with the water works?" Alex asked Hercules, who was sobbing into Lafayette's shoulder. The group was at the airport, they had about a half an hour before they'd have to separate from Lafayette and leave for America.

"Shut up Alexander," Angelica said, punching him in the arm. "He has to say goodbye to Lafayette soon, let the boy cry."

Alexander rolled his eyes. "Well maybe if he'd stop blubbering the time would go slower."

"Cold hearted," Eliza said, shaking her head. She looked around the group, having a sudden realization. "Guys, where is John? He's not here."

"Oh my god we lost John," Peggy said, clinging to Maria's arm. "Where the fuck did he go? He's going to miss the goddamn flight."

Alexander chuckled, pointing at a figure running towards them, suitcases dragging behind him. "He's right there guys, calm down."

As John approached the group, he smiled, handing two of the suitcases he was holding to Lafayette. "Here's you stuff Laf." Hercules looked up from Lafayette's shoulder, a confused expression on his face. Lafayette just smiled down at him.

"What?" Hercules asked, eyes darting from Lafayette to the suitcases the Frenchman was holding.

"Oui, my stuff. I can't just bring nothing when I go back to America with you."

Hercules stared up at him, wide-eyed, mouth slightly open. "You're... You're going to America?" Lafayette giggled, setting his suitcases down before putting both his arms around Hercules, pulling the shorter man closer. "I swear to god if you're joking..."

"I'm not mon amour," Lafayette said, smiling.

"You're joking aren't you? Alex I bet this was your fucking idea," Hercules said looking back at Alexander who chuckled.

"Herc, I'm the one who made this happen. You should be thanking me," Alexander said. "He's going with us." John smiled, kissing Alexander's cheek.

Hercules pulled away from Lafayette, grin on his face. "No fucking way!" He covered his mouth with his hands. "You're actually...?" Lafayette nodded and Hercules squealed, tackling Lafayette in a hug.

"Surprise."

A/N: The epilogue should be out soon, god I'm excited to end this book. I kind of hate it.