Chapter Thirteen

Lafayette squinted as his eyes opened, the sudden brightness making them sting. He sat up, pulling the blankets off of him. He looked around the room, seeing Eliza sitting on the other bed, reading a book.

"Bonjour?" He said, more of a question than a statement. Eliza's head snapped up, slightly startled.

"Oh, you're awake," Eliza smiled. Lafayette flinched, rubbing his temples. "Here," she tossed him a container of Advil, which he took gratefully.

"Thank you," Eliza nodded.

"So, how much do you remember?" Eliza asked, picking at her finger nails.

"Well I remember we beat the living hell out of some Americans and on the way back here I tried to have sex with Herc in the middle of the sidewalk, but that's about it," He shrugged, walking over to his bag, sifting through its contents. "Wait, why do you ask? Did I do something?" Lafayette turned around.

"No, not at all. Once we got here you passed out," Eliza hoped she sounded convincing enough.

"Okay good," Eliza sat up, taking note of what page she was on in her book.

"I'm going to go get ready, the rest wants to go get breakfast. That cool with you?" Lafayette nodded. "Great, see you in a bit," she left the room, walking towards her own.

She opened the door to see Angelica, sprawled out on the bed, sleeping.

"Angie," Eliza slightly shook her sister, who groaned and rolled over.

"Did you have to wake me up?" Angelica rolled her eyes, picking herself up from the bed. "I got like three hours of sleep last night. Hercules wouldn't stop talking about Lafayette."

Eliza laughed airily, starting to get ready.

The two heard a knock at the door, Angelica being the one to open it. Alexander was the figure waiting behind the door.

"Herc and John aren't joining us for breakfast," Alexander said, making Eliza turn her attention towards him.

"Why not?" She asked, walking towards the door.

"Something about Lafayette," Alexander shrugged.

"I'm not going either," she said after a moment of thought. Alex and Angelica stared at her in confusion. "There's just something I need to discuss with them," she walked past Alex, walking into Hercules' room.

He was sitting on the ground, knees to his chest, his arms wrapped around them. It made the large man look rather small. He didn't look sad, then again, Hercules never really looked sad. If he was, his expression remained neutral, not giving anyone a clue of his emotion. John was facing him, sitting in a chair looking down at the man. Neither noticed Eliza's entrance, so they continued with their conversation.

"John, I'm not going," Hercules said flatly, looking up at John.

"Well what are you going to do? Avoid him for the rest of the week? Dude, firstly, that's impossible, if you want to leave this hotel he's supposed to go with us. Secondly, you really like the guy, why on earth are you going to avoid him?"

Eliza knocked on the wall, making her presence known to the two boys, startling them.

"How much did you hear?" John asked, not much concern in his voice. If they could talk to anyone about this, it was Eliza.

"Enough. So why are avoiding Lafayette?" She walked farther into the room, sitting on one of the beds. Hercules sighed, looking out the window.

"We met yesterday, at around three am. Now it's about 9 am. That's thirty hours Eliza, and in that thirty hours we've kissed, gotten drunk together, and tried to have drunk sex. He called me his boyfriend Eliza. I've known him for thirty hours, I barely know the guy," Hercules' tone was sad, Eliza's heart dropped. She had planned to ask Hercules what they were going to do when he had to go back to America, but there's no way she could do that now. Not with Hercules so upset.

"Well you know what. Tonight, you two are going on a date. You can learn more about each other. Doesn't that sound like a plan Eliza?" John said, turning his head to look at Eliza, who nodded half heartedly. "Great! Now you can just ask him on a date-"

"A-Ask him?" Hercules looked horrified, making John laugh.

"Well yes Herc. You actually have to ask him."

"I can't do that," Hercules said, looked down at his hands.

"I could get him to ask you," Eliza suggested. Hercules' head shot up.

"You would do that?" Eliza smiled and nodded.

"Great! Now let's go get food. I'm starving," John grabbed Hercules' arm, dragging him out the door, Eliza following. Eliza didn't mind the plan, but the thought of what would happen at the end of the week was like a itch she could seem to scratch out.

But she pushed it away, this was going to be a good day.

It really was.

AN: This hit 1k reads oh my god that's so amazing it makes me so happy. I don't know why so many people read this shitty book but it still makes me happy anyway. Thank you guys so much.