Chapter Nineteen

"Laf?" Peggy lightly shook Lafayette, who was curled up, clinging to a pillow. He opened his eyes and looked up at Peggy, who gave him a sympathetic look. "Gotta get up Laf, Alex wants to take us somewhere."

Lafayette groaned, rolling off of the bed, rubbing his eyes.

"Do I have to?" He buried his face his his hands, dreading the thought of doing anything. 'Anything' including seeing Hercules.

"Afraid so, Laffy Taffy," Peggy patted him on the back before getting up. "Get dressed." Peggy left the room, leaving Lafayette to decide what the hell he was going to do.

"I can't just ignore him," He muttered to himself as he pulled on a pair of skinny jeans. "Or I could..." He pulled on a plain gray sweatshirt that hung far past his waist. He didn't care though, he couldn't give two fucks about his appearance at the moment.

He opened his door, seeing Alexander and John in the middle of the hallway, John sitting in Alexander's lap. They were on their phones, neither of them giving him any indication that they were aware he was even there.

"Um...?" Lafayette gave them a questioning look.

"Oh hey Laf, you took forever," John smiled, picking himself up then holding his arm out for Alex.

"I took ten minutes," Lafayette rolled his eyes. "Where is everyone?" He noticed how it was only John and Alex, none of the others were there.

"They're outside," Alex said. "Cmon," Alex grabbed Lafayette's arm, pulling him towards the stairs. He followed, but with every flight of stairs the weight in his chest grew. "You okay Laf?" Alex turned around as they reached the bottom of the stairs, noticing Lafayette's far-away expression.

"Yeah I'm good," Alexander nodded before heading out of the building.

"So Alex, you gonna tell us where we're going?" Angelica asked, her hands were on her hips as she gave him a look.

"Nope," Alex grinned, grabbing John's hand. "You'll just have to follow me."

They started walking and Lafayette recognized where they were going immediately. He didn't mention it though, not wanting to spoil it for the others.

He stood glances at Hercules every once in awhile, seeing that the man was staring at him, a soft smile on his face.

"Hey Laf," He greeted, his smile widening, an expression Lafayette couldn't seem to return at the moment.

"Bonjour," Lafayette mumbled, looking at the ground.

Hercules' smile disappeared. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong Monsieur," Lafayette tried to give him a smile, but it only looked forced, making Hercules frown. Hercules pulled his beanie further down on his head.

"So you're not only upset, but you're lying about not being upset. So something is obviously really wrong," Hercules looked sad, his eyes drooped slightly. "Laf, talk to me man."

"Herc I-"

"Oh my god Lexi you're so cliché," John's cheery voice interrupted Lafayette. "The goddamn Eiffel Tower."

"You love the Eiffel Tower John," Alexander smiled over at John, who tried to cover the smile that was plastered to his face. "Don't even try to hide it."

Eliza giggled. "You two, I swear."

"You're lucky I love you Alex. Sometimes you're just a little too cliché for my taste," Alex smirked, wrapping an arm tightly around John's waist.

"Well you can taste my d-"

"Woah woah woah. That's enough," Angelica cut him off, laughing at Alexander's lack of vocal filter.

"Come on Angie, he was just getting to the interesting part," Peggy giggled. She was on Maria's shoulders, almost falling off from how hard she was laughing.

The whole group broke out in laughter, giving Lafayette the chance to slip away from Hercules, sort of hiding behind Eliza. He would rather be laughing with the group, but he just couldn't find it in himself.

Hercules couldn't either, the normally loud man was quiet, almost seeming smaller than usual. The frown didn't leave his face and it made Lafayette's heart drop.

Lafayette rubbed his temples, trying to push away a headache he could tell was forming. He couldn't help but wonder what was going through Hercules' mind every passing minute that he was avoiding the man.

Lafayette took another glance up at Hercules, who was rubbing his face, his frown even larger than before. He probably thinks he's done something wrong, Lafayette thought to himself, burying his head in his hands.

"This is a mess."