Chapter 34

We had been at the restaurant for a while now, each of us eating our desserts.

Eve and Matteo were flirting back and forth and I was lowkey cringing at Eve's attempts, but I cheered them on in my head.

Angelo wouldn't stop whispering in my ear all the different ways he is going to have me tonight and I teased him right back.

It all seemed so perfect, until the talk of our futures started.

"I already got calls back for some different colleges, I really got my eye on one in specific though." Eve shares with us, smiling at her success.

I got quiet at the talk of colleges and bit my lip.

"I honestly forgot all about that." I mumbled, Angelo frowns at me and rubs my thigh.

"Don't stress, you could take a year off if you want."

I shrugged and we moved onto lighter subjects.

Dinner ended soon after that reality check talk, and we all headed back to the beach house.

I was sitting outside, looking towards the waves crashing softly against each other and sighed.

My clothes were more casual now, since we weren't going anywhere else, and I was sitting alone.

My fingers ran through the sand and I see Eve at the corner of my eye sitting next to me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asks, tying her hair up in a ponytail.

My eyes shift to her, then back to the water. "You know we probably gonna have to separate after high school."

She frowns, "Who?"

"All of us, there ain't really a big chance of us all going to the same college." I state truthfully.

Eve doesn't respond and I look to see her eyes are watering.

I toss some sand and laugh, "Why are you crying?"

She wipes a stray tear and crosses her arms. "Because I don't like thinking about us not being in the same place. I don't want to be alone." Eve tells me and I nod.

"It's okay, we can plan something. Together."

She agrees and her small tears stopped falling when Angelo comes out.

Eve tells me she will see me tomorrow and I tell her goodnight.

Angelo replaces her spot and pulls me into him. His arm is wrapped around me and I put my face in his chest, smelling his strong cologne.

"Why were ya'll in your feelings out here?" Angelo asks, tilting my head up.

I lick my lips, "Just talking about grown up stuff."

He doesn't say anything but brings his lips to mine, giving me the slowest kiss yet.

He pulls away and strokes my cheek, "Why you so worried mami?"

My lips tremble slightly when reality hits me. "Because we not going to be together after we graduate. The year is almost over and we haven't talked about what we gonna do." I ramble and he continues to comfort me, listening to every word.

"Baby, all you need to know is wherever you wanna go, I'm coming with you."

That's all I needed to here to calm my nerves and I got up slightly, sitting on his lap to straddle him.

Both of my hands go to cup his face and his hands automatically go to my hips.

"I love you Angelo." I whisper, my face inching closer to his.