Chapter 31

"What did you pack?" Eve questions while we facetime.

I roll over on my bed and say, "I don't know."

"Valentina! We are leaving in like an hour, and you haven't packed?!"

I scrunch my eyebrows, "I work better last minute."

She tells me to hurry up and pack and then hangs up.

I roll my eyes and connect my phone to my bluetooth speaker, playing Migos.

I do some weird stretches, then pull out a big duffel bag from my closet.

I unzip the bag and dump it on my bed, hopping around my room and pulling random clothes out.

I lay out different outfits and get some dresses, folding them neatly and putting them in my bag.

After I am finished packing everything I need, I change into some leggings and a light hoodie. I tuck my hair in and pull the hoodie over my head, not bothering with makeup.

I put on my shoes and run downstairs when I hear my dad's voice.

I sling the bag on the couch, whacking Kole in the head, and hug my dad.

"Hey pops." I say, kissing him on the cheek.

He kisses my forehead and says, "Hola, my love. You been acting good?" He asks, and I hear Kole and Max yell no.

I roll my eyes, "Yes, I been an angel." My brothers grumble and my dad just hums a, "That's good."

I tell him I'm going away for spring break, not that he would care where I go, he just tells me to be careful and gives me an hundred dollar bill.

I kiss him on the cheek one last time and he leaves.

Max hits me passing by, "Kiss up."

I hit him back and before I know know it, we are both wrestling each other down.

"You just made because I'm the favorite kid."

Kole throws a cushion from the couch at us and we break apart.

I with Kole on the couch, waiting for Angelo to come pick me up.

Angelo and I are going to take his car while we are going to force Eve to go with Matteo in the other car.

The thing is, ever since that fateful Valentines night, Matteo and Eve haven't talked since.

She told me the kiss threw her off guard and she avoided Matteo at all costs.

So being the good friend I am, I an going to force her to drive with Matteo for the 2 hour drive.

It's around 5:30 right now, so by the time we get there it'll be dark and I'll probably be slumped.

Angelo arrives and comes inside to slap hands with my brothers and help carry my bag to the car.

As we start the drive to Angelo's beach house my phone vibrates in my lap.

I pick it up to see multiple messages from Eve.

Eve:
I am going to kill you.

Valentina:
What?

Eve:
Why is Matteo taking me to the little beach house and WHY ARE WE ALONE TOGETHER?!

Valentina:
Lmaoo, just thought yall should talk it out. Have fun!

Eve:
I AM GOING TO KILL YOU-

I didn't read the rest of Eve's threat, but just turned on the music in Angelo's car.