Chapter 30

"Me voy!" I yell, slamming my front door on the way out. I grumble, shifting the weight of my heavy bag onto my other arm, it's filled with all my things to get ready for my valentine's date tonight.

I see Eve give me a tight smile and I dump my stuff in her back seat, climbing in the front.

"What's poppin hoe." I say, changing her radio station.

She slaps my hands away, like always, and says, "Valentina..."

I raise my hands up in defense, "Sorry, forgot you were sensitive to words like 'hoe.' You prefer the term buddy."

She smacks her lips in protest and I laugh.

She starts driving to her house and asks, "What did Matteo say?"

I zone out for a second, snapping back into it when she pushes my arm. "Oh, he down. He said he wouldn't mind if you threw in some free head, he offered to go down on you after. So generous if you ask me."

Her face glows a bright red and she looks at me warily, "Did he actually say that, because if he did, I don't know if he is the right one for me."

I roll my eyes, "Oh please, I was just joking."

I wasn't joking.

But it seemed to calm her down so it's whatever.

We pull up to Eve's house and go straight to her room, not wasting any time.

I see piles of clothes everywhere around her room and I give her my mom look.

She shrugs, "I was just trying to get a head start, but I couldn't find anything to wear! So I need your help!"

I give my charming smile to her, "It's okay buddy, mama's here now."

She asked to see what I'm wearing, so she gets a reference for what she is going to wear, and I pull the dress out of my bag.

It was a classic red color, for valentine's day, which came just above my knees, but one side was hiked up flawlessly. The cut was low so it would reveal some cleavage, making Eve frown, and there were straps to hold the dress up.

The silky material made me smile lovingly, like the dress was my kid, and I pushed Eve to pull out more options for what to wear.

As she kept looking in her closet, which seemed to be filled with an endless amount of clothes, I sat on the floor and plugged in my hair straightener.

A mirror that Eve always puts on the floor, faced me so I could flat iron my hair to perfection.

Eve sees me starting my hair process and makes a face, "That's gonna take you forever."

I purse my lips and clip parts of my hair up, to section it off. "Thanks Eve, not all of us have straight hair already. Also, it doesn't take me that long to flat iron my hair anymore. Give me an hour and I'll be looking perfect."

She mutters, 'sure' , and true to my word, I was finished in an hour.

In that hour of me sweating and breaking my arms to straighten my unruly curls, Eve was showing me each dress and I gave her my opinions

She finally picked a light pink dress with red lace overlaying on top, in sheer patterns. It had a halter top and was backless with two strings crossing over each other, to tie together.

After she put the dress on, I ran my fingers through my now sleek, shiny hair and slipped on my own dress.

We went in the bathroom and looked at ourselves.