Chapter 16

I stare at myself in the mirror and look down at my phone, seeing it's 6:00 am.

I sigh and play some music while I get ready for school.

Christmas is near and I can't help but get a little sad. Eve and I haven't talked still and I think this is the longest we've gone without speaking to each other.

We always spend time together around this time of year. I go to her house and we set up her little crooked Christmas tree in her room while listening to really weird Christmas songs. Then we exchange gifts and cringe at how bad they are.

I see Max pass by my room and I bite my lip, should I talk to him?

I think it's time I start fixing some of my relationships with people.

I'll start with Eve then maybe Max, I have to figure out what I am going to say to him though.

I step out the house and curse when I realize I have no way of getting to this damn school. Kole is probably asleep and I don't want to bother him.

I smooth my hair down and groan internally, tightening my pony tail.

While I stand there sulking, a black sports car pulls up directly in front of me.

I look at it confused and awkwardly start to go my own way.

But the window finally rolls down and I see Matteo's big head pop out, he tilts his shades down and I purse my lips.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping."

He opens the door from the inside and patiently waits for me to get in.

I mean I cant not accept this ride, I missed a lot of school and I really got no other way to get there.

I get in silently and Matteo starts driving to school.

"Sooo..what's new with you?" He asks turning his head slightly, looking me up and down.

He got a haircut, making him look more cleaned up and grown, with his long hair it made him look younger and more like a child.

He looked good either way though.

I shrug and play with my fingers nervously, "Is Angelo coming to school?" I really didn't want to see him.

He shakes his head, scratching the back of his neck. "He hasn't been coming."

I nod silently and feel relief flood in my system. I wasn't ready to face him after what happened.

"He going crazy you know. He really want to see you." Matteo says carefully, like he expects me to cry or lash out on him.

"Matteo I don't want to sound bitchy, but if you want to talk with me right now, please don't bring Angelo into it." He nods and goes back to his childish behavior.

The day passes by quicker than I thought, Matteo was by my side most of the day and I hadn't seen Eve at all.

We are walking out of school and Matteo keeps flirting with every girl we pass by, I have to practically drag him out.

"Can you drive me to Eve's house?" I ask as we get in Matteo's car.

"Of course, I miss talking to my baby Eve."

I laugh and put in the address to his phone so he knows where to go, "Do you deadass like Eve, or are you playing around?"

He gives a half smile, "Yeah I like her, she a little bitchy sometimes but I think she just need some good dick in her life to set her straight."

He starts thrusting his hips and I cover my eyes, gagging.

"You so nasty." He winks at me in reply, flicking his tongue in and out of his mouth.

We pull into Eve's driveway and Matteo turns to face me, lowering the volume on his radio.

"Thank you and..." I pause awkwardly not knowing what else to say.

"Listen Valentina. I know what you saw was fucked up and shit but that's how Angelo lives. I never seen him so upset like this and now he don't know how to fix this."

I listen silently and he continues on, "He really loves you and I just want to know if you feel the same way about him. Even after what went down."

I lick my lips cover my face.

"Matteo I do still have feelings for him. But doesn't that make me fucked up in the head or something. Shouldn't I hate him?"

I uncover my face and look at him again, he has a soft look on his face that I've never seen before and he says, "Just hear him out when he comes to you, okay?"

I nod slowly, I hug him and get out of his car.

I wave as he drives off and as I am about to walk up the steps to Eve's house, her door opens.

Eve comes out and when she see's me she stills.

"Hey." I say awkwardly. We never fight a lot over serious things, so I don't know how to approach this situation.

"Hi.." I laugh, breaking the tension and she gives me a tight smile.

"Can we talk?" I ask, making my way up next to her.

She looks down at her phone and then back to my face, "I mean I was going to see Jackson."

I try not to make a face and just say a simple 'Oh'

She sighs, "But I guess he can wait."

She opens her door back up and we step inside.

Hopefully we can figure this mess out.