Chapter 14

Before I wasn't talking to Max but now I'm not talking to Eve.

Whenever I see her she is always by Jackson's side, clutching onto his arm like he is going to run away.

I mean this girl got it backwards.

She should be running away from Jackson, not chasing after him.

I can't say I've been putting in effort to talk to her though.

I guess you could say we are playing the petty game right now.

But I'm sure this will blow over eventually.

Besides that minor issue, my life has been pretty good.

Max is back to talking to me and harassing me, I've seen him around the house more and I wonder why things suddenly went back to normal so fast.

I'm sitting in Matteo's car with him in the school parking lot.

We're waiting for Angelo so we can go out to eat.

My legs swing back and forth out the open door and Matteo is standing outside the car in front of me telling me cheesy jokes.

"Okay, okay. I got a good one this time." He says grinning at me, displaying his dimples.

I shake my head covering my ears, "No! Please no more!"

He pushes my head back, making me break my neck and I laugh kicking him.

"Alright sooo. How many tickles does it take to tickle a octopus?" He clasps his hands together, jumping up and down on the balls of his feet.

I squint my eyes and look in the distance, "I don't knowww." I drawl out.

"Hahaha, It's--It's a--" Matteo cant stop cracking up and is bending down holding his stomach.

"Come on, spit it out." I smile at him, his laugh contagious.

He stands back up and bites his lip, "Ten-Tickles."

I stare at him blankly.

"You get it. Like tentacles. Ten-Tickles."

I point towards the distance, "Leave Matteo. You so lame." I jokingly say and he pouts, "Come on. That's my 'steal your girl' type of joke."

"You must not be getting very many girls then." He opens his mouth offended and suddenly Angelo appears, pulling him out of the way.

He leans in the car to give me a kiss and I return it happily.

It may look like Angelo and I spend every second of the day together, but neither one of us complains about it.

We enjoy eachothers company and don't feel the need to change for one another.

I've never been happier.

I look around at the front of the school building and spot Eve and Jackson holding hands, walking towards Jacksons car.

Matteo turns his attention to what I am so interested in and slaps Angelos back.

"Bruh, say I wont say something to them."

Angelo lazily smiles, "I don't got to say nothing cuz you gonna say it anyway."

I step out of the car and onto the ground, stretching.

Angelo holds me from the back, swaying me around with him slightly.

"Ay! Eve! You looking fine today mami," Matteo shamelessly blows kisses at her, well aware of the fact that Jackson is right there with her.