Chapter 19

I don't want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing I need....

I watch as Eve skips around her room, slinging decorations all over. Meanwhile, I'm sitting and listening to her Christmas playlist, hearing her sing along.

I shake my head at her in amusement, "You way too into Christmas Eve."

Eve turns to me slowly, her mouth wide open and eyes wide.

"Oh my God Valentina! Christmas Eve! Get it, because my name is Eve and it's Christmas Eve."

I grimace, "Yes I get it, I get it. Calm down."

She grins at me, hopping back over after she tries to fix the crooked Christmas tree.

"So what are we going to do?" Eve asks, dusting some fallen glitter from the ornaments off of her.

I look at her with pursed lips, I swear we have this conversation every time I come over.

"I don't know, its your house.." I hold back a smile when Eve now purses her lips at me.

"I mean, we can go out to eat. Oh! But we have to stop by my grandparents house for a while. I got to say hey to my family and stuff or my parents are going to yell at me. You know the drill."

My lips quirk up into a knowing smile, "I knew we were going out. Good thing I brought my best dress and heels!"

We have a while before we have to go or anything, so we spent our time doing our normal weird stuff. Like trying to do diy things off of pinterest, or trying to bake some new desert. But they end up being burnt or tasting disgusting.

After some time, we gave up and decided to get ready.

I pull out my dress from my bag and Eve eyes it suspiciously.

"That looks a little tight, we are going to a family friendly event you know."

I roll my eyes, slipping on the fitted knee length, red dress. It had no sleeves and sort of a low cut at the boobs, but nothing too crazy.

When Eve finally see's it on, her eyes widen and she shake her head frantically.

"No, no, no! You can't wear that! It's too tight Val."

I smooth down the dress, feeling the soft material underneath my hands.

I pout at her, "What else am I supposed to wear? I only brought this dress and it's so prettyyy."

She places her hands on her hips, eyeing me up and down.

"You can wear one of my dresses." She motions toward her closet.

I scrunch my nose up, "None of your dresses really fit me right."

She sighs, finally giving in. "Fine, but when we see my grandparents, you have to wear like a sweater or something over it."

She throws me one of her light black sweaters and I nod. I'll just take it off after we leave her grandparents house, when we go to dinner.

Eve changes into a cute dark red, velvety dress. The sleeves came a little below her elbows and the dress came down loose and flowy below her waist.

"Cute." I tell her, as we go into her bathroom.

I always tell her how strange her bathroom is because it has carpet in it, with two sinks and a full, large mirror above.

We talk about the latest chisme at school, like how somebody childishly pulled the fire alarm for a dare or that a known school hoe was caught sucking a guy off behind the bleachers.