Chapter 6

Angelo had dropped me back home and we had exchanged numbers.

He left me with a kiss on the cheek and my face blushing, still feeling the effects of the weed in me.

I opened the fence and walked up the steps to my house.

Stepping inside, I automatically spot Kole lying on the couch watching tv.

I pushed his legs off and sat down, he just placed his legs back and on my lap.

I wasn't worried that I was high right now and Kole would snitch.

He was the first person who showed me how to roll up when I was 13 and we smoke together often when he gets bud, even with Max.

"You skip?" I nod, feeling slumped and close my eyes, leaning my head back on the couch.

"Only 3rd and 4th."

He doesn't say anything else and before I know it, I'm knocked out.

I wake up and groan a little, still feeling sleepy.

I find I'm now lying on the couch and a blanket is covering my body.

I thank Kole mentally for making me comfortable because lord know I would've had a bad neck cramp if I stayed the way i did.

It is slowly starting to get dark outside and I take my phone out my back pocket, seeing that its 6.

I sit up rubbing my face and curse when I realize I'm rubbing my makeup all over my face.

I walk up stairs to go to the bathroom when i bump into Max.

He laughs at my face and I just push him out the way and find my makeup wipes and continue on my way.

After I take a shower, I change into a white long sleeve crop top, rolling up the sleeves, and my black adidas sweatpants with red stripes. I put on my white and red adidas shoes and unplug my phone from the charger.

"Can I borrow your car?" I ask Kole smiling sweetly at him.

"Por que?" He says eyeing my clothes.

"I'm going to Eve's house."

He grabs his car keys and gets up walking towards the door, "I'll drive you, I gotta go somewhere anyway."

I squint my eyes at him, "That's not shady at all."

He tugs my hair and I smack his hands away, flipping my head over so I can gather my hair together and put it in a messy bun.

We get in Kole's white corvette, that I still don't know how he could afford, and began driving towards Eve's house on the better side of town.

We live in Miami, Florida and Eve's neighborhood is way nicer compared to mine.

There are a lot of large houses that seem expensive as we pull up and Kole drops me off at Eve's.

He asks if I want him to pick me up and I inwardly smile with a 'no' because Angelo said he would come and get me after I'm done with Eve.

He drives off to who knows where and I knock on Eve's door.

Her dad answers and we greet each other. He tells me Eve is upstairs in her room and I make my way up.

Milly, Eve's white golden doodle, jumps on me and I pat her head and open Eve's door.

She turns from her closet, surprised to see me and I laugh at her room.

Clothes are all over the ground and I suspect she is probably trying to find something for her date tonight.

Even though we had an 'argument' earlier, whenever this happens we just go back to normal and act like it never happened and look back on it a few weeks later and laugh about it.

I push her away from the closet, "I'll find you a dress. Go do your makeup and stuff." I tell her while sorting through her dresses.

I find a red sleeveless dress that has black lace at the top and goes mid thigh. I pull it out and grab her black flats and lay it out on her bed for her.

She comes out of the bathroom with natural looking makeup and her hair is down, two braids tied together behind her head.

She looks at the dress I chose and smiles at me, "You the best Val."

I shrug saying, "I know," jokingly.

"Now hurry and put it on before you're late!"

I sit on her bed playing with her dog while I ask, "Where is he taking you?"

She slips on her flats and says, "This restaurant called Sullivan's. I've never been there before but he told me it was nice."

I stand when I hear a knock on the door and Eve's eyes widen.

"Oh my God. He's here! Do i look good? What if he thinks I look ugly and leaves?!"

I roll my eyes at her and push her down stairs.

"Stop overthinking it and just go."

She breathes out and opens the door revealing this Jackson I seemed to have never met.

He is tall, around 6 feet I'm guessing. He had light brown hair and nice light blue eyes.

Typical white boy.

He smiled when he saw Eve, revealing dimples on his cheeks, making him cuter.

"You look beautiful Eve." He compliments her making her blush red.

"Thankyou, you look good too." I mentally laugh at her awkwardness and Eve looks at me, as if asking for guidance and I sigh.

"Um, this is my best friend Val, Val this is Jackson."

He hold his hand out for me to shake and I reluctantly take it, "It's nice to meet you Val."

I cringe slightly when he says my nickname and he squeezes my hand making me uncomfortable.

I mumble out a 'you too,' feeling that something was off with him.

That look in his eyes meant trouble but Eve didn't seem to notice and stepped out with him to leave for their date.

I say bye to Eve and don't tell her I am going to see Angelo, not wanting to take the spotlight away from her date.

Jackson turns his head back to look at me and throws me a smirk that I furrow my eyebrows at.

I try and ignore the weird vibes I get from him and sit on Eve's couch waiting for Angelo to text saying he is here.

Angelo arrived in less than 10 minutes and texted saying he was here, I had given him Eve's address earlier so he didn't just know where she lived. That would be creepy.

He was in the same range rover from earlier and I opened the door to get in the passenger seat.

He leaned over to place a kiss on my cheek and licked his lips saying 'hey.'

I say hi back, trying not to be awkward.

I'm not sure if this was suppose to be a date or not and if i was suppose to dress a little better but Angelo didn't seem to say anything about it and instead said, "You look good mami."

I eyed his casual attire that still seemed to make him look hot and said, "You don't look to bad yourself, I guess." I pretend to say casually like it was nothing, looking out the window.

His hand moved my face back to his and he said arrogantly, "You know I look sexy everyday."

I put my hand on his thigh, making him take in a breath, which i laugh at and put my seatbelt on.

"Are we gonna sit in this car all night or are you gonna start driving." I smile at him and he looks at me knowing the move I just on him.

"Your such a tease." He says starting the engine.

"You love it."

And then we drove off and out, back to our side of the town.