Chapter 24

Time flew by me quickly and we had been in school for a week already now.

Of course I was back to my old habits, skipping classes.

I cant help it, it's even worse because Eve has been getting on my ass about everything. She keeps reminding me about college and saying how I'm not going to get anywhere if I keep skipping school.

Let me breathe for a second. Damn.

Anyway, other than that nothing has been happening. I been keeping to myself and really been spending more time with my brothers.

In fact, I was home right now with them. Max and I are suppose to be at school but we just stayed home.

Max and I are sitting on the couch and I'm munching on some hot cheetos, Max reaches in my bag and I smack his hands away.

"Fuck outta here." He pouts and points over towards the window, "Oh my God is that Harry Styles."

My dumb ass looks quickly, "What!? Where-" My cheetos are suddenly snatched out of my hands and Max jumps off the couch.

"Haha, dumb hoe." He sticks his tongue childishly at me and I squint my eyes at him.

"You gonna catch these hands-" I prepare to jump on him but Kole comes out of nowhere and pushes us apart.

"Kids, play nice or you can't hang with me." Kole says, walking over to the big speakers we have hooked up to the tv. He connects his phone to the tv with bluetooth and loud bachata emits from the speakers.

"Vamos mi gente." He starts shimmying around the living room and Max and I glance at each other.

I shrug and Kole grabs me, swinging me around.

We dance a while and I feel like we are all little kids again.

After a while, we all got tired of each other and went back to our phones.

Sibling bonding only goes oh so far.

There is a knock at the door and I ignore it, because the door is unlocked and Max or Kole can get up to open it.

When there is a knock again and I look up annoyed at my brothers and they just ignore me.

I dramatically stomp to the door and swing it open to reveal Luca in all his glory.

Even with some slight bruises and such on his face, he still looked like a nice snack.

I step outside, so my nosy brothers wont try and get in my business, and say a awkward hey.

Before he can say anything i ask, "How did you know where I live?"

He bites his lip, smiling. "I got connections."

I look up at the sky, smiling and look back at him. "So whats up?"

Luca never lets go of that soft smile on his face and rubs his hands together. "I came to say goodbye."

I dont want his words to effect me, I mean I only knew him for a little while.

"Oh.." I say, sounding a little disappointed.

He touches my shoulder and lets out a sigh, "I also wanted to tell you something too, before you hear it from someone else."

He tugs me to sit with him on my porch, both of us facing each other still.

Never breaking eye contact he continues to say, "When I saw Angelo, I thought I had recognized him from somewhere and sure enough, I was right. I had knew him from some deals we made before."

Tugging on my shirt, keeping my eyes down from his blue ones, my voice is low so my brothers wont hear. "You in gangs too, aren't you?"

Of course he was, anyone who I get involved with is always in some type of trouble.

"It's more than just a gang. You know my family business Nico and us were telling you about at the restaurant?" I nod, curious to know the rest.

"I wasnt lying when I said it's a family business, we all came to visit to see how our business is doing here in Florida. We live mainly in Italy but we never really stay in one place..." I feel he is stalling and dig my nails in my wrist to stop myself from yelling at him to spit it out.

I guess he can see my facial expression and quickly gets out, "I'm in the mafia."

My face twists up and my eyebrows raise in shock.

Mafia?

Thats like some other level type of shit. They are experienced professionals and make gangs look like childs play.

I look around awkwardly, "Well this took a turn.."

He nods with a light laugh, "I wanted to tell you because you were going to find out from Angelo or one of his friends eventually. Word gets out quick when we're here."

I'm surprised I'm taking this so well, nothing can really surprise me these days I guess.

"Thank You, for telling me I mean. I guess I understand why you have to leave, running the mafia and stuff." I add, a laugh leaving my lips.

His eyes scan my face and he lightly touches my cheek with his right hand, "You really are something else."

I blush slightly and turn my face to the opposite side.

"How did you get here, I dont see a car or anything."

He doesnt even get upset that I switched up on him and thats a reason I like him.

As if on cue, a sleek black Lamborghini cruises up to my house and my eyes widen a little at the expensive car.

Looking back at Luca, he helps me stand up with him and hugs me tight.

"Thats my ride, Xavier"

I vaguely remember him from the night at the restaurant and him leaving on business.

My mouth forms in a O shape and he licks his lips again.

"I'll see you again one day Valentina. Remember to call me if you need anything, and I mean anything."

I smile at him, grateful for getting a chance to know him. Even if it was for a short time.

Giving me a gentle kiss to my cheek, he leaves me speechless and swiftly walks away and up to the fancy car.

When he opens the door and gives me a last wave, I get a quick glance at this famous Xavier I've never seen before.

I'm not disappointed with what I see.

Xavier was, not surprisingly, very handsome. Even though it was slightly dark in the car, I could still see his piercing green eyes. His skin, like Luca's, looked smooth and tan. I cant even forget that face, his jaw line was cut to perfection and his facial expression looked like it was permanently pissed.

Now thats a face I won't forget.

Xavier just gives me a glance and says something lowly to Luca in Italian.

Before I know it, Luca is in the car and they disappear as fast as they came.

I scratch the back of my neck, turning back to enter my house.

I close the door behind me muttering, "Italians are some blessed people."

<><><><><><><><><><>

Ya'll might be seeing these Italians again in their own book....😉