Chapter 22: The Past is Ever Huanting

Shado-
I was out on the pier that night in my purple sweater, blue jeans, and black combat boots. I held my sleeve to my face and just watched the stars reflect off the clear ocean. I sighed and Seth sat beside me. "You okay?" He asked.
"I keep thinking about what happened with Dayton." I said.
He sat down beside me, sighed, and his nature green eyes met my purple eyes. "What about it?" Seth asked.
"I trusted him over you...of all people Seth. You're the only one that's never lied to me and I chose him over you. It kills me." I said.
"Hey, it's alright. It's all in the past now." He said throwing his arms behind his head and laying down.
I laid down beside him and put one hand over my stomach and the other behind my head. "I just can't shake it." I said.
Seth smiled. "I haven't been completely honest with you." He said.
"How?" I asked.
"The reason I didn't like Dayton in the first place is because I was jealous and I didn't want to trust him. It made me feel better to think he was just another dickhead with an ulterior motive." Seth said.
"You were jealous of Dayton?" I asked.
"Yeah...it pains me to admit it. Please don't tell this to anyone else...like never ever." Seth said.
I laughed. "Of course I won't tell you big lug." I said.
Seth laughed and sighed. "Though if I ever saw his face again, I think I'd just punch him for the hell of it." Seth said.
I laughed. "Seth I—" I started and then my comm rang. "Hang on." I said.
"For what?" Seth asked cluelessly.
"Dork." I said.
He laughed and his comm rang too. He answered. I answered mine. "What seems to be the problem?" I asked.
"We want you and Seth to come to the magic house with us." Savvy said.
"Alright, we'll be on the way then." I said.

Seth-
"Wait you two are together. Bro...I'm sorry." Roman said.
"It's okay, we were just hanging out. It's not like anything was gonna happen." I said.
"You are so oblivious." Roman said.
"See ya' in a minute, jerk." I said.
"See you in a minute dork." Roman said and we hung up.
I laughed and stood up offering my hand to Shado. She took it. "They want us to meet them at the magic house." We said in sync. "Jinx." We said in sync again. We laughed and I blushed as we stood really close together.
We walked to the magic house side by side and met our friends there. It was late and the magic house was in a completely different light. They were arm wrestling and drinking beers together and it was obnoxiously loud.
We were just chilling at the bar when the doors burst open and a gust of wind blew out the candles. I saw Dayton and his blue hair and dark eyes. I wanted to punch him. Seth stopped me and I gasped. "Help...me." Dayton said falling forward.
"Uh!" Seth exclaimed putting his arms out and catching him. "Come on just hang on okay. Savvy where do you keep your medical stuff?" Seth asked knowing none of us would help.
"Infirmary." Savvy said.
Seth nodded and walked him up the stairs. He was gone. "I'm sorry...what?" Roman said.
"Did Seth just become a hero?" Adrian asked.
"I think so." Savvy said.
I was swooning now. He just did the one thing no one could ever do. He spared an enemy.

Seth-
I got Dayton patched up and he woke up. "Where am I?" Dayton asked.
"In Dragon Tail upstairs in the infirmary." I answered giving him some water.
"My mouth is rather dry." Dayton said chugging the water.
"Not that I care, but what happened and why did you come here?" I asked sitting down.
"We had some spies inside our magic house. One had Eldritch Magic and the other had—" he started.
"Nightmare Magic?" I asked.
"Yeah...how did you know?" Dayton asked.
"Cause Laken sent me after them a few months ago. She thought they were Devil's Heir spies on Dragon Tail." I answered.
"We don't send spies." Dayton said.
"Anyhoo...Master Laken asked me to go after them along with Master Ash, and Master Rose." I said.
  "So if they aren't from any of the magic houses. Who are they?" Dayton asked.
  "I don't know, but I think it's time we put our differences aside and figure it out." I said offering my hand.
  "Agreed." He said taking it and we shook.
  "You go back on this, and I will kill you." I said.
  "I may be evil, but I have morals just like you. I'm not going to go back on this." Dayton said.
  I nodded and we let go of each other's hands. "I say we have the four magic houses meet up and discuss this." I said.
  "Yeah, that's a good idea. Only one flaw, these masters they won't agree. We need people that will be willing to make a temporary truce with other magic house members." Dayton said.
  "One person per magic house?" I asked.
  "No, we're going to need a whole team." Dayton said.
  "I think I'm the only person in this magic house that will agree." I said.
  "Hmm...am I really that bad?" Dayton asked.
  I nodded side to side. "Eh...you could be worse." I said.
  I heard a knock on the door and Dayton and I turned. Shado came in. "Umm...I may have been eavesdropping." Shado said.
  "Us too." Savvy said. I saw Savvy, Adrian, Moana, Roman, and obviously Shado.
  I face palmed. "So not cool guys." I said.
  "We'll go with you as the team for Dragon Tail." Shado said.
  "Great, I'll get my team from Devil's Heir and then we'll have to talk to the other magic houses." Dayton said.
  "I'll talk to the people at Sun Star if you'll talk to the ones at Dark Horse." I said.
"Deal." Dayton said and they both left.
"Seth is from Dragon Tail and he has something he'd like to share with you all." Master Rose said.
"Ahem...uh thanks Rose. Alright, listen up! You aren't gonna wanna hear this, but I've come up with a solution to the problem with the guys we've been chasing. If all the magic houses come together as one and go after whoever these people are, I think we can beat them. As of now, Dragon Tail and Devil's Heir have agreed to this and already have teams ready to meet with each other. If one team of six people will volunteer from here we can fix this problem and go on normally." I said.
There was a silence over the magic house and one man stood. I knew who he was.
"My team with volunteer." Sean said.
"What?" They asked.
"If it will end the feuds we have with the three other magic houses even temporarily. I am all for it." Sean said.
They all nodded and agreed.
"That's great. We're all meeting face to face at the House of Sanctuary tomorrow. Start making your way there tonight." I said and Sean and I shook hands.
I called Dayton. "How did it go at Sun Star?" Dayton asked.
"They were hesitant at first...but one of my pals here agreed to come." I said. "You?" I asked.
"As expected." Dayton said.
"What's that mean?" I asked.
"Yes, the-they said yes. One of my pals convinced his team. I told them to head out tonight and once I finish up here my team will head out to sanctuary." Dayton said.
"Same." I said packing my bag.
"Travel safe...Seth." Dayton said.
"You too...Dayton." I said.
We hung up and I smiled meeting with Shado and them. We traveled to the House of Sanctuary. "Its customary to have a leader do the agreement." Shado said.
"We don't really have a team leader." Roman said.
"Well then we better pick one, or we'll be violating the Law of Sanctuary." Shado said.
"Okay, well that's easy. All for Seth?" Roman asked raising his hand. They all did and I turned.
"Then it's settled...Seth, you're gonna be the leader of our group." Shado said.
I smiled and bowed and they all bowed. Moana and Adrian were walking side by side holding hands, and Roman and Savvy were side by side holding hands.
Shado was walking behind me her hands behind her back together. I had my arms folded over my chest as we walked. She yawned and I smiled. I lifted her up onto my back and she fell asleep on my shoulder. Adrian had Moana in his arms as she slept in his chest. Roman was carrying Savvy on his shoulders and she had fallen asleep on his head. I smiled and we got to the house at dawn. We set up tents and stayed asleep in them for a couple hours until the time we were supposed to be there. 12:00pm on the nose. We got up and we went in.
On the floor there was a crest with four panels. The upper right panel of the crest had Sun Star's symbol, which is a star with the sun inside. That's where Sean and his team stood.
The top left panel of the crest had Dark Horse's symbol, which is a black horse with a blue lightning strike behind it. This is where Tyler's team stood.
The bottom right panel of the crest had Devil's Heirs symbol, which is a black dragon with purple eyes and a moon behind it. This is where Dayton's team stood.
The bottom left panel of the crest had Dragon Tail's symbol, which is a yellow dragon with red eyes and the sun behind it. This is where we stood.
The treaty maker came from her flower and she was on the steps. She wore a red dress. It had a slit in the bottom part, and only one tank top sleeve on the right side. She had pink hair, a rose in her hair and pink eyes. Her skin was peach and she wore black high heels. "Leaders of each team step onto the designated panel." She said. Our teams backed up and were lined up side by side by height. Dayton, Sean, Tyler, and I all stepped onto our magic house mark. Each of you connect hands." She said.
We all did it unhesitatingly. "Now close your eyes." She said.
We did that. "Open." She said and there was a gust of wind and colors of every shade popped up. We gripped hands and it all ended.
"Phew" we all sighed.
"Now each leader will be sworn to agree separately." She said multiplying into three other hers. They came to us and each held a book.
We had to put our hand on the book. "Do you Seth McGarrett agree to hold a temporary truce between the three other magic houses?" She asked.
"I do." I said.
"Do you agree to fight alongside them in battle?" She asked.
"I do." I said.
"And finally, do you agree to help any of them if they shall get into trouble?" She asked.
"I do." I said.
"It is done then." She said and they popped back into one the one that was standing in front of me. "Your deal will be terminated when you find this unknown factor and defeat it. Until then you are bound to this contract." She said.
I felt a sting on my left arm and looked at it. A new tattoo of the crest on the floor in the House of Sanctuary. The other's had the same one. "This will disappear when you have completed the job." She said. "Until then...it's permanent." She said.
They were all in different spots. Mine was on my left arm, Dayton's was on his right arm, Tyler's was on his right shoulder, and Sean's was on his left shoulder.
"Good luck." She said in a sing song voice.
"Where do we even begin?" Dayton asked.
"Let me try something." Sean said.
We all sat and his hands had two yellow hexes and they made a computed. I smiled as the other's gasp. "What's that magic?" Dayton asked curiously.
"Technology Magic." I answered.
"That's neat." Dayton said.
"Does anyone know their names?" Sean asked.
"Only their faces and their magic." Tyler said
"Then we'll do a search for their magic through the database. Once a wizard gets a tattoo they are put in the base." Sean said.
He did that and a lot of people came up.
"That's going to take forever to go through." Shado said.
"Here, I'll do it." Tyler said and he pressed the button super fast.
My eyes got big and sparkly. "What's that?" I asked.
"Speed Magic." Dayton said.
"Wow!" I exclaimed. Dayton laughed.
"You are wowed by the strangest things." Dayton said.
"These are the two that we are looking for." Tyler said with the two pictures pulled up. "What's that tattoo?" Sean asked.
"I'm not sure." Dayton said.
"Odd...I've never seen that one." Tyler said.
I ran to the library in the House of Sanctuary and skimmed through the books. I recognized that tattoo from somewhere.
Dayton was in there with me and when I found the book I knew. My memories. I fell down holding my head. "What the...hey what's wrong?" Dayton asked.
I was sweating and I held my head. "That's why I recognize it." I said.
"Care to explain?" Dayton asked.
"My past is coming back to bite me in the ass, and that's all you need to know." I said walking past him.

Dayton-
"Uh..." I gasped as his stern glare stared at me.
I shut the door with my magic. "What is wrong with you?" I asked.
Seth sighed. "Don't freak out." Seth said.
I stared my hands on my hips. He held the bottom of his shirt and started to lift. He stopped in the middle and hesitantly took his shirt all the way off.
"Ah...what happened to you?" I asked.
His back was still turned. His head slightly looking back at me. "I was born on an island called Prison Island in a cell where my mom died. The people there were cold and cruel. They tortured us 24/7 in every way imaginable...it never ended. At noon, they brought us out of our cells in hell shackles and weights and made us fight in death matches. I killed thousands...maybe millions a day. The staff was around the clock and had strength in numbers. Each of us had a tormentor...mine was the warden. On his body armor, he had a symbol of hands bound by a rope and a fiery ribbon around the hands with a sword behind the hands." Seth answered.
I saw that symbol on his back as a branding mark on his right shoulder. I was scared of him for real now. "They put that mark on all their prisoners because it marked us as their property." Seth said about to put on his shirt. I stopped his elbows and looked at the front same marks as his back.
"How the hell did you survive?" I asked as he put on his shirt.
"Killer instinct." Seth said walking towards the door.
"Seth...we'll get these two, but the right way." I said.
Seth smiled and walked out. I followed.

Seth-
"So?" Sean asked. I looked around at them and sighed. If we were going to do this, I was going to have to tell them about my past.
I was beside Shado. It was like she knew what I was thinking. She took my hand and I smiled taking off my shirt.
Everyone gasped, my friends included. "There is something y'all should all know about me before we do this." I said gripping Shado's hand and she held it tighter too.
My back was turned and to speak to them I looked back at them with my head slightly turned. "I was born on an island called Prison Island in a cell where my mom died. The people there were cold and cruel. They tortured me and trillions of others 24/7 in every way imaginable...it never ended. At noon, they brought us out of our cells in Hell-Shackles and weights and made us fight in death matches. I killed thousands...maybe millions per day to survive. The guards were on the clock every day and had strength in numbers. Each of us had a tormentor...mine was the warden. On his body armor, he had a symbol of hands bound by a rope and a fiery ribbon around the hands with a sword behind the hands. I thought when I blew up the prison I killed them. I was wrong, this is my fight. I can't ask any of you to join, it will be dangerous. You may not like the outcome." I explained.
"We aren't letting you fight this battle alone. We're in." Dayton said and his team put their hands in on top of one another Dayton on top.
"Seth you saved my life, I will not allow you to fight this battle by yourself." Sean said. His team put their hands on top of Dayton's teams with Dayton and Sean on the top of the pile.
"You can be damn sure I won't let these guys scare me off. Count us in." Tyler said his team putting their hands in and Tyler, Dayton and Sean on the top.
"And we'll always fight beside you Seth." Savvy said and my team put their hands in. Shado took my free hand and put her hand in. I put mine in on top of hers and then Dayton, Tyler, and Sean put theirs on top of mine.
"Thank you." I said.
They nodded and we threw our hands up. "Now...to find them." Dayton said.
We looked and found out there was a whole magic house. "That could be bad." Sean said.
"Not as bad as their leader..." I said pointing to the name.
  "Dreadscale...but I thought Kailey beat him?" Shado asked.
  "She did...but Dreadscale is immortal unless one of the six Dragon Heirs' kills him. Then he'll die." I said.
  "Who are the Dragon Heirs?" Dayton asked.
  "They all died. The last one was my father." I said.
"So we can only injure him and push him back?" Dayton asked.
  "Yeah. However, it is rumored that there is one Dragon Heir left, but no one knows who or where he is so it is a dead end at best." I said.
  "At worst?" Tyler asked.
  "It's just a rumor." I answered.
  "So we're on our own in this?" Sean asked.
  "Pretty much since no one else in our magic houses will work together." Shado said.
  "There are 24 of us and a whole magic house of them...what's the worst it can get right?" Rolan (one of Sean's members) said.
  There was a banging on the door. I used my Nature Make Magic to put an additional hold on.
  "That won't hold them for long. We need to move to a better place for battle." I said.
We nodded and snuck out the back doors and walked to a field. They had us surrounded. "Oh boy." We all said.