Chapter 3: Savvy Kelly

Savvy-
  I sighed as I came home form another uninteresting day at elementary school hoping my dad would cheer me up.
"Sean, are mom and dad home yet?" I asked my older brother.
I was only ten. "No, they just left work. I made dinner." Sean said.
"I bet that was a disaster." I said rolling my eyes and shaking my head.
I heard the sprinklers come on in the kitchen and walked in. Sean had a puppy dog pout on his face and his hair dropped in his face. I laughed my behind off I was on the ground. "What's so funny?" Lily asked walking in.
She saw and she started to laugh. "What you think you can do better?" Sean asked.
I stood up. "Is that a challenge?" I asked.
"No...maybe...yes." Sean said.
I laughed. I put my hair in a tight bun, took the pan from his hand and cleaned it. I washed my hands and grabbed the recipe he tried to make. I hummed and got it put in the oven. "Voila! The perfect casserole and I didn't start a fire." I said.
"Show off." Sean muttered.
We sat down and ate. It was time for bed and our mom and dad hadn't come back yet. I got Lily off to bed and I started to get ready. "You need to come to the highway...it's your parents." A man said.
"I understand...I'll be there as soon as I can." Sean said.
I grabbed Lily and we left for the highway only to find out parents dead on the cement. I closed Lily's eyes and I had tears streaming down my face.
"Who did this?" I asked.
"They slid on a random ice patch and your dad slammed into a semi truck that was going the wrong way. They flipped over the median and got hit by another car that couldn't stop. We can't find the semi anywhere." A man said.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"This semi truck has been seen leaving the scene of a fire, the scene of a lab accident, the scene of a boat accident, and the scene of a collapsing cave. Now this? It's freaky." The man said.
"Almost too coincidental if you ask me. Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe...these things weren't all accidents?" I asked.
"Ma'am, they have all been accidents." The man said.
"Screw you. A truck leaving from a scene at the same exact moment something horrible happens? Are you freaking kidding me right now?" I asked.
He shrugged. I scoffed. "Unbelievable. You know what, you guys are all idiots. The only good cop was Steve McGarrett, the rest of you are pathetic excuses and lousy detectives." I said walking off.
I laid Lily in bed and went to my room. I held the picture of the five of us and Rosebud. She jumped up onto my bed and laid beside me. I heard a knocking on the door.
"If you want me to apologize to that investigator you can forget it. I meant every word." I said.
"I'm not going to make you apologize Sav." Sean said. I opened the door and he came in. "I just came to see how my little sister was doing?" Sean said.
"We just lost our parents. How do you think I'm doing?" I asked.
"It's perfectly normal you know." Sean said.
My eyes watered up and I fell into Sean's chest crying. I gripped his shirt and cried myself to sleep. The next day I went to the beach and I ran into a boy. "Hey watch it!" I shouted.
"Sorry." He said.
"You'd better be." I said.
He stuck out his hand. "My name is Roman." He said.
"Savvy." I said.
  "Nice to meet you, say...do you surf?" Roman asked.
  "It's Honolulu...who doesn't?" I asked.
  "Nice." Roman said.
  We went and shredded some waves. It was fun and then a group of guys came to us looking for money. That's when we met Shado and Seth and went to the Lua and also met Moana and Adrian.
The next day I went to my parents funerals. We buried them side by side in Honolulu Cemetery. It was rough for the next few days. Sean started to run my family's company Kelly Industries. I started to help at home more than I should have been doing.
  It got to the point where I was ready to strangle someone. I stayed strong for Lily.
  I brought up that night we went to the scene. "Do you think I went too far that night?" I asked.
  "No...I don't think you went far enough." Sean said.
  I smiled holding my necklace that mom had given me. I sighed and hugged Sean. "It still hurts." I said.
"I know, but we both have to be strong so Lily doesn't see us upset. That's the only problem with being the older kids." Sean said.
I smiled and we hugged again. I went off to bed and the next day I spent it at Six Flags in Hawaii with Shado, Sean, and Lily.
"So how are you doing?" Shado asked.
"It still hurts...but I'll get over it." I said.
"I know how you feel. I lost my parents too." Shado said.
"I had no idea." I said.
Shado shrugged. "I try not to think or talk much about it." She said.
I smiled. "Why don't we just go ride some roller coasters and have a little fun to forget about the hurt." I said.
Shado smiled and we ran off to go get in line for the rides. We rode every single one of them there.
We talked about anything and everything. Our stand points, our favorite things and we became best friends. It was fun until one day she disappeared.