Chapter 10: The Black Canary

SIX YEARS AGO

Shado-
I went on a boat with my cousin Emily and her boyfriend at the time Clark. I was in my room reading a book about a canary on a journey of self-discovery.
It was storming but I didn't really care. My brother decided it would be good to get away from all the pain and loss that infested Honolulu. Anyhoo, I was reading and then I heard a loud snap. The room I was in ripped off and the water washed me away. I screamed.
  Weeks had passed and I was floating on a piece of rubble. I saw a boat and with all my might I flagged it down. A woman smiling in a black hood lifted me up onto her boat. "Hello, my name is Bulma...you are safe now." She said.
  I smiled at her and hugged her. We arrived on an island. "This will be your home from now on." Bulma said.
  I remember she nourished me back to health, gave me a home and a bed to sleep in. "Bulma, what is this place?" I asked.
  "It's an island where people are trained to fight for the less fortunate." Bulma said.
  "Can I learn from you?" I asked.
  "Of course you can my little 'Burakkukanaria'." Bulma said.
"What's that mean?" I asked.
"Black Canary in Japanese. It's on your necklace and I can tell it truly means a lot to you." Bulma said.
"It was my mother's." I answered.
  "That's lovely." Bulma said.
  "Bulma!!" A man shouted.
  "Under the bed, now!" Bulma shouted.
  I slipped under the bed. "Rumor has it you brought in an autosaidā (outsider in Japanese)! Is this true?" He asked.
"She is only ten and I am training to become a master. If I can teach her everything and make her one of the best assassins we have in 'The Assassins Creed' would you consider letting her stay?" Bulma asked.
The man looked at the soldiers, they bowed and left. He smiled. "Now let me meet our little castaway." He said.
"Shado, come now." Bulma said and I crawled out from under the bed.
"Hello Shado my name is Shawn Matthews and I am the head of The Assassins Creed and Bulma is my 'tsuma' or wife in Japanese. We will be taking very good care of you sweet child." He said stroking my black hair.
I laughed and smiled pressing his hand onto my cheek. He smiled. "She's gorgeous." Shawn said.
Bulma smiled. "I realize we will have to train her like any other, but I want to do it." Shawn said.
"Of course." Shawn said and I slept with them that night.
The next day Bulma started training me. If I did a move bad or stepped wrong she would whip, burn, electrocute, and brand me.

PRESENT TIME:

Shado-
I had my black hair in a messy bun, I wore my purple Nike sports bra, had on my black Nike Pro capri leggings, and black socks on. I was in the other room beside Seth and his bed. I was using a wooden practice stick. "Ha...ha...yah, ha!" I shouted going through my moves with the pole.
I spun it into the air and smacked it down. I screamed and it burst the glass.

FOUR YEARS AGO:

Shado-
"Take on these men Shado." Bulma said.
"That's a little unfair don't you think?" I asked.
"For you?" Bulma asked.
"For them." I answered holding my pom pom poles.
I took them all down and bowed to Bulma. One got up and I grabbed her arm, flipped her over and held my left pom pom pole to there throat.
"Good. Rest now." Bulma said.
"What now?" I asked.
"Well...now you chose your weapon, name, and tattoo and you'll be one of us officially." Shawn said with me on his shoulders.
I smiled and we got to the room. For my weapon I chose a Collapsible Bo Staff. For my name in the creed I chose 'Burakkukanaria' (Black Canary in Japanese).
I looked through the tattoos and found the black canary. They put it on my left shoulder and I continued to higher training.

PRESENT TIME:

Shado-
I grabbed a sweat rag and draped it around my shoulders. I drank water from a sports bottle and then went to my office.
I decided to remake my sonic devices. I took them a part and remade them to where they amplified my power.
"Ow!" I exclaimed as the wires sparked when I attached them. I made them into a black chocker necklace. How they were remade included: a) to amplify the range of my scream, b) to block out any sonic dampeners, and c) to allow me to focus on the thing or bad guy I was trying to hit.
Seth's eyes were closed tight and he was sweating. "Dr. McSteel!" I shouted. He wheel chaired in and re-stabilized Seth.

THREE YEARS AGO (B4 FRESHMEN
YEAR STARTS):

Shado-
The island was under siege and we were fighting every last bit. Bulma was sliced right in front of Shawn and I. I screamed and cried.
Shawn buried her and then sent me home and then I saw him sliced in two as I left the island. I shrunk down into the raft and squealed. I cried as I saw my home for the last five years turn into a place of war and chaos...Hell.
I had Shawn's dragon ring on my left thumb and Bulma's purple Hackmanite serpent ring on my left middle finger. I remember washing up on shore and the lifeguards found me. They took me to the hospital and I got checked out and that's when I finally got home and took on the vigilante figure known as Black Canary.

PRESENT TIME:

Shado-
I put on the black chocker necklace and tried it out. "Not bad." I said.
I was totally badass. I spun my Collapsible Bo Staff and went to the stand with my clothes on it. I changed into a black leather jacket, a black one piece no sleeves black leggings, and black combat boots. I put on my black mask and let down my hair. I put on my chocker necklace, and spun my Collapsible Bo Staff and put it on my back.
I walked to my black motorcycle and took off driving through Honolulu. (From Arrow Season 3 Episode 20: Al-Sa-Hims theme plays).
I had so much anger inside of me right now. Seeing a man about to rape a girl pissed me off. "Do you always pick on women?" I asked.
"What are you going to do?" He asked.
I screamed and he flew back. "Run." I said pulling out my Collapsible Bo Staff and beating him up. Everything flashed before my eyes and I stopped after forever it seemed. He ran off and I stayed in the alley crying.
I put my head in my knees and cried in the alley as the rain fell down. The thunder roared lowly and I rode back to S.U.N. Labs. I changed into my S.U.N. Labs sweater, blue jeans, and my black socks. I also put on my galactic colored black canary on a star necklace, the serpent ring, the dragon ring, and my ankle bracelet made of mini sun colored Hawaiian Hibiscus Flowers.
I pulled my hair back into a messy bun and sat beside Seth and put my head on his chest holding his hand. I sniffled and kissed his forehead.
I started to walk off. "Wait...Shado...don't... leave." Seth said weakly.
"Ha! Haha!" I said turning and hugging him.
"Easy! I'm still tender." Seth said.
"Sorry!" I said getting up. He pulled me in and hugged me.
I laughed and he sat up. He started to walk around and I stayed with him. "Here." I said handing him actual clothes. He put on the S.U.N. Labs sweater and blue jeans. He wore green socks and he smiled at me.
We shortly learned he was affected by the Particle Accelerator too. He was able to transform into any animal he thought of.
We walked around the labs as all our friends showed up saying they had weird symptoms.
Seth, Dr. McSteel, and I examined them together. We got them fixed and they stayed.
Seth and I walked around the building. "So...I guess I should find another name." Seth said.
"Beast Boy." I said.
"Huh...not bad...Black Canary." Seth said winking.
"Ah! How did you find out?" I asked.
"The Assassin's Creed." Seth answered.
"That is not 'The Assassins Creed' anymore. They ruined its good name." I said.
"What do you mean?" Seth asked.
"When I was in 'The Assassins Creed', we helped the less fortunate...like Robin Hood. We were good people and then they killed the head and his wife and retrained the assassins there. I escaped before they could get to me thanks to Shawn the ex Al-Sa-Him." I explained.
"Is that why they were after you?" Seth asked.
"They want his dragon ring." I said showing Seth the ring.
"Why?" Seth asked.
"It's customary to have Al-Sa-Him wear the ring to prove his or her status. As long as I have it, no one is the leader." I said.
"I guess you're Al-Sa-Him then." Seth said and we both laughed.
"There is something else I want to tell you." I said.
"What?" Seth asked.
"Or show...more like it." I said.
Seth raise his left eyebrow and I took off my shirt and bra covering my breasts. He brushed his finger tips over my back. "You have the same marks I do." Seth said.
"Only not as extensive, we only got these if we did something bad or wrong." I said putting my bra and shirt back on.
"And the black canary?" Seth asked.
"It's the tattoo I chose to represent my name. 'Burakkukanaria' or 'Black Canary' in English." I explained.
"Cool." Seth said as I put my shirt back on.
I blushed and we continued to walk. There was a huge shake and then nothing.