Chapter 5: Moana Ortega

Moana-
It was Friday and my parents went out on their boat called "The Ortega Gambit". I wanted to go because I loved the ocean. My parents told me it was for their anniversary so it was just for them. I stayed with my brother Jacob and we played board games because the power went out and quickly came back on.
We were watching the news and they showed us the wreckage of...you guessed it...our parents boat. They found their dead bodies and we gasped. I held Miranda close and we went to the ship...Jacob had to identify the bodies and it was awful.
  We had them cremated and I sat there that night watching the waves. "Are you okay?" A kid a year older than me asked.
  "I just lost my parents." I said.
  "You too? Mine were on an expedition like usual and the cave they were in collapsed." The boy answered sitting down.
  "I'm so sorry." I said.
  "I am too. I'm Adrian by the way." He said.
  "Moana." I answered.
  "Well Moana...there is a Lua tonight. Would you care to join me?" Adrian asked.
  I smiled. "I'd love too." I said.
  We went to the Lua and drank Coconut Milk in a coconut with a straw and a little umbrella. Adrian and I smiled at each other. "So...what is your favorite part about a Lua?" Adrian asked.
  "I like seeing the fire dancers. It's exotic." I said.
  "Really? Me too! I love how exotic the Lua's get around here." Adrian said.
  I smiled and we hung out the rest the night. We met Shado, Seth, Savvy, and Roman. They were nice and fun to be around.
  We left for our homes that night and went to sleep. The next day Adrian and I went to the Pier's amusement park. It was fun and we rode every single ride and then went surfing after. We played one on one beach volleyball and laughed. 
  We spent the night in the beach and star gazed. We laughed as the stars twinkled and danced. We went night surfing and rode a gigantic wave together.
We went home that night and I smiled. "You seem to be in a good mood, who is he?" Jacob asked.
"His name is Adrian. We sorta bonded when we told each other about our parents. His died the same night ours died. I even made sure he was telling the truth when I looked at the news." I explained.
"That is usually my job." Jacob said.
"I learned from the most paranoid of them all." I said.
"Wow...I'll take that as a compliment." Jacob said.
We both laughed and Miranda walked in. "Can you put me to bed bubba?" Miranda asked.
"Sure sweetheart." Jacob said picking her up and carrying her to bed.
I smiled and kissed her forehead. "Jacob..." I started.
"Yeah?" Jacob asked.
"So you start as CEO of Ortega Consolidated tomorrow?" I asked.
"Yeah...it's a good thing I know the basics of business." Jacob said.
"Mom and dad would be so proud." I said.
He smiled and turned off my light and I went to bed. It'd been a hard week for sure.
A few days later. I got a phone call from Savvy and Shado on the same line. "Why don't the three of us go out and have fun?" Shado asked.
"I think that's a great idea. Where are we going?" I asked.
"You girls ready to show some boys up at 'Round One'?" Savvy asked.
We laughed. "Yes." Shado and I said in sync.
We had our older brothers drop us off together and we played all the games in the entire arcade. It was awesome, we raced guys in the Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift game and we came in first, second, and third. Shado was first, me second, and Savvy was third. It was greatness.
We walked home laughing. Us being ten...well just wait.
"Look what we got here." A man said.
  "A trio of Hawaiian girls...young and pretty too." Another said.
  Shado, Savvy, and I backed up. An arrow whooshed past us. "Go now." Green Arrow said in a deep voice.
We went to Shado's home and spent the night. We told our brother's naturally. Then the next day Shado went on a boat with her cousin.