Chapter 4: Roman Williams

Roman-
  I was coming home from school when I saw my house burning. "Mom! Dad!" I screamed.
  "Stay outside!" The firemen shouted.
  Roy got home and threw his stuff down. "What the hell happened?" Roy asked.
  "I don't know." I said.
  After that, they finally got the fire put out. I saw them being out the charred bodies of both my parents. I stared in horror and shock. I was absolutely terrified. They had fire investigators come and they told us it was an electrical problem.
  I knew for certain that, that was some bull shit. Roy and I found a place to live and we stayed there. He was working as CEO of our father's company Williams Enterprises. We sold cars and made our own...we also ran a theater just down the road. We lived in a nice mansion thanks to the money that my brother's job brought in.
  That next day I went to the beach to clear my head after my parents' funerals. We spread their ashes in the Oahu Ocean and I spent the rest the day there. A girl and I bumped into each other.
  "Oh...sorry." I said.
  "You'd better be.I'm Savvy." She said.
  "Roman." I said.
  We spent the rest the day together and night came. A group of guys surrounded us asking for my money.
  "You want my money?" I asked.
  "Give it to us kid, save yourself the trouble." The head said.
  "I think I'll pass." I said because I was hard headed.
  They started to shove me around and beat the crap out of me.
  "Stop it! Leave him alone!" Savvy shouted.
  The guy slapped her and I got mad. I forced him to the ground and then two kids showed up. One was a girl and she ran to Savvy. The other was a boy my age...but he could fight like no other. He was professional.
  He pinned a guy nearly breaking the guys arm and let him go after he said something quite threatening. I didn't know what but it made the guy dart.
"You okay?" He asked helping me up.
"Yeah, thank you." I said.
"My name is Seth." He said.
"Roman." I said.
"Nice to meet you." Seth said.
"I'm Shado." The girl said.
I nodded. "Let's got to the Lua...take our minds off of things." Shado said.
We left and met Moana and Adrian at the Lua.
They were a nice couple of kids. The next day I asked around Honolulu to see if they knew Seth.
No one seemed to know him. A couple of homeless people and a woman he saved before she got raped said that he came and went like a ghost.
It got late and I sat in an alley way. I heard an arrow whistle past me. I screamed.
"Your looking for Seth McGarrett?" The guy said with a darker voice.
"Yeah...you know him." I asked.
"I do...nice kid. You shouldn't look for him though." The guy who shot the arrow said.
"Why not?" I asked.
The guy pressed his chest. "I assume I can't get you to stop." He said in a familiar voice.
"No man...he saved my life." I said.
The guy took off his hood and I saw Seth's face. "Whoa..." I said.
"Come on." Seth said and we walked to a cave.
"Do you not have a home?" I asked as he put up his bow and arrows.
"My dad died a month before I was born, my mom died after she gave birth to me and bled out, and I don't have any relatives that I know about." Seth explained.
"So why not go into foster care?" I asked.
"Have you heard the horror stories? I'd rather die than become another kid to be abused by foster homes." Seth said taking off his hood.
"Oh..." I said looking at his back.
He jumped up onto the Salmon Ladder and begin to do that. "What happened to your back?" I asked.
He stopped and jumped down. "Lots of things, but I'd rather not talk about it." Seth said.
"Seth..." I started.
"That's enough Roman." Seth said.
I put my hands up and sighed. "At lest train me." I said.
"Okay...fine." Seth said.
I smiled. He felt up a bowl of water. "Slap the water." Seth said.
"What?" I asked.
"Alternate hands...slap the water." Seth said.
I did it with both hands gently. "Harder." Seth said. Again I did it, but harder. "Harder!" Seth shouted.
"Seth this is stupid." I said.
"Again using the same strength you used last time." Seth said walking off and I sat in the cave slapping water.
It was hours. "Okay Seth...this is ridiculous." I said.
"Hit that punching bag." Seth said.
I did with both hands and I busted it after ten times. "What the?" I said.
Seth smiled. "Come here." He said.
I followed him still shocked I busted it. "What is this?" I asked.
"It's about control." Seth said hitting the three arms of the dummy at a speed I couldn't fathom. "Now you try...slowly." Seth said.
I did and got the hang of it. "Faster." Seth said.
I went faster and got to the point where I was going fast...but not faster than Seth. I don't think I'd ever get to that point.
"Do you know how to handle any weapon at all?" Seth asked.
"I can shoot a gun." I said.
"Okay...hit that target on the bullseye." Seth said handing me a gun. I did and I missed completely.
Seth sighed and took the gun. He shot the target and reloaded faster than I could see. He hit the bullseye every time. "Whoa!" I said.
"It's all about lining up the sights with the target about an inch away from the bullseye." Seth said.
"Why do you use a bow and arrow if you can shoot a gun?" I asked.
"I'm glad you asked." Seth said grabbing his bow and a tennis ball. I was confused...he tossed the ball and pulled his bow back shooting the arrow. It hit bullseye in the tennis ball and bullseye on the target.
My jaw dropped. "How the heck is that possible?" I asked.
"Practice. Now, keep trying with the gun." Seth said.
I did and I finally got consistent. "Where did you learn all this?" I asked.
"Prison Island." Seth said.
I decided not to ask anything further. I went home and kept my skills polished.