Chapter 2: Seth McGarrett

This chapter is dark and gruesome. It has some scenes that may not appeal to some readers. This is not me, I just think having a character like Seth is good for the book. You even get an idea of who the bad guy is. So...viewer discretion is advised.

  Doc-
  It was a hell where we were...until one day. A pregnant woman came was in labor about ready to burst. As I was working I ran to her and held her hand. "Where is your husband?" I asked.
  "He died a month ago." She said. 
  "Just hold on." I said.
  I carried her in and helped her. She delivered her baby and I handed him to her. "He's beautiful, a miracle really. He had the umbilical cord around his neck and he weighs less than 3 pounds." I said.
  "My baby boy...Seth Steve McGarrett." She whispered and then as I tried to stop the blood loss she passed on and they got rid of the body. 
  I was now the protector of this miracle child named Seth.
  They did unspeakable things to him and he remembered it all even from that first minute they had him. The kid was special and he was meant to be so much more.
  The guards and the warden they tortured him in every way imaginable, but still he thrived. He became strong and he had an eight pack...muscles that were so bulgy. He had become our light of hope by the time he was seven.

Seth-
  I used the bars to do pull ups and sit ups. I did twists and I got to the point where it felt like my body was going to rip. They beat me, whipped me, burnt me, branded me, tried to break my spirit, and more. I don't need to go into detail. Let's just say I fought every day for my survival.
  Everyday at noon we would be forced into Hell-Shackles (Pincer-like clamps that cut into the ankles and wrists; cannot squat, move or sleep) that were put onto our ankles and wrists and weights were added to our ankles and wrists to make it harder.
  "Prisoners begin!" The warden said.
  I had lost count of how many people I killed in that Hell-Hole to save myself and Doc. It wasn't easy...especially since my dad was a cop.
  I fought keeping Doc safe.

  Warden Dreadscale-
  "He's getting stronger...this isn't good." I said with my cloak on and tapping my fingers on the bar.
  "Sir, might I suggest marking him now?" A guard asked.
  "That may not be a terrible idea...but he isn't of age." I said.
  "He is old enough." The guard said.
  "Prep the chemicals, the stencils, the branding iron, and the whip. I'll do this myself for once." I said.
  "Yes sir." The guard said.
  I laughed evilly. "I cannot wait." I said watching the fighting continue.

  Seth-
  The fight was over and I came out on top like always. "I am sick of being the warden's entertainment. I'm ready to get out of here." I said.
  "Seth...it takes years of planning to bust out of here." Doc said.
  "I've been planning since I first opened my eyes." I said.
  The guards came marching carrying a bunch of stuff with the warden behind them. I clenched my fist and Doc looked.
  "What is this for?" Doc asked.
  "You know it's customary." The warden said.
  "Not at his age...he is seven not seventeen!" Doc shouted.
  "Oh well...guess I bumped my time line up." He said grabbing me.
  "Uh! Hey get your hands off of me." I shouted.
  "Not a chance you brat!" The warden said.
  "What's goin' on? What's happening?? DOC?" I asked.
  Doc just closed his eyes and winced. I fought them as they dragged me into the center of the prison. "Stop struggling!" A guard shouted.
  "Not a chance!" I shouted.
  They got me to a metal pole and used a rope to tie my hands around it. They ripped off my shirt, and then tied my feet together. I couldn't budge.
  "What tattoo do you deserve kid?" The warden asked looking at stencils.
  "Go to hell!" I shouted.
  "How about a dragon. I'd say you've earned it kid." He said putting the stencil on my back with screws on each corner. I screamed as the screws hit my bones.
  I saw a vision...something strange. The vision was of a machine, and six people including me and a girl...she was gorgeous...black, long, wavy, hair and glasses. Two other guys and two other girls. We all six helped with the machine and got power when it exploded. Then flashes of things that didn't make since and then the warden's face. I flew into the air and then I heard two dragons howl and gasped back into reality.
  The warden looked at me and grabbed the electric shock stick and traced the stencil in dots. He took the knife and carved into my back the details on the dragon. Then he took the powdered chemicals and splashed them onto my skin. I screamed as they burnt into my skin in color...green and black. I screamed and he branded me with scales on my left back side where the dragon was.
  I gritted my teeth and then they ripped out the bolts leaving me with the mark. They tossed me into the cell and I rolled grunting.
  "Seth..." Doc said.
  I breathed out and sat up. I closed my eyes. 'What the fuck did I just see?' I thought looking back to the machine. I jumped up to the bars and did pull ups thinking about it. "Doc, we're busting out tonight." I said grabbing the key I stole off a guard as I struggled.
  I opened my cell and then went to the control room since the warden just left for his office. I busted the two guards heads' into one another. "Put some ice on that assholes." I said pulling the lever to free all the prisoners. I set bombs in the prison.
  "No one is ever gonna have to suffer ever again." I said pressing the trigger and blowing up the prison with the warden and his guards inside.
  "What now Seth?" Doc asked.
  "Get as much food and water from out here as possible...we'll make a base camp and we'll settle there until I can figure a way of this living hell." I said.
  "Okay...and what about you?" Doc asked.
  I smiled. "I'll go get some firewood." I said.
  They looked at me and I sighed. "What are you waiting for an invitation? GO!" I said.
They took off and I shook my head. I collected firewood and two rocks. We met at a damp but big enough cave. I struck the two sones together and sparked a fire. I got it big rough for all of us to huddle around. We passed around food and water and then all of us got sleep for the first time in seven years of my childhood.
  "How do you feel?" Doc asked looking at my back.
  "Fantastic." I said.
  Doc sighed. "Must you always be so much like your father?" Doc asked.
  I shrugged and sighed. "I never even met my dad." I said.
  "Good man, I knew him when he was just your age." Doc said.
  "You knew my father?" I asked.
  "Oh yeah. Stubborn was he...but he was also brave and strong." Doc said.
  I smiled and sighed. We went off to bed and I slept.
  Morning came and I went out to collect materials for weapons. "If we're gonna be stuck here...we need to learn how to make nature our weapon." I said.
  "Huh?" They asked.
  "Someone pick a weapon they want to have." I said.
  "A sword." Doc said.
  I grabbed some rocks, tree sap, a sharp rock, and several sticks and vines. I made a sword with them all and sharpened the blade to be smooth and sharp. I tossed it to him and I made my weapon...a bow and arrows...even made a sheath to hold my arrows. I made a target and practiced for months with the bow until I was hitting straight bullseyes.
  I trained them all how to use the weapons they chose and they can in use when some of the wardens lap dogs came after us. At this point, I had no problem killing...anyone.
  We got a fisherman's ship to take us all off the island and I went to a hospital to be wrapped and I traveled the Earth never really knowing where to go because as far as I knew...I had no home to go back too.
  I took refuge in a cave where I was literally raised by two dragons. Sun and Moon. Then one day the disappeared too. I found out I had more family to go back to and I went home after seven years in hell and five years raised by dragons.