Chapter 1: Shado Kalakaua

(Before she met her friends at age ten)
Shado-
Logan and I were walking home from school and I was skipping in the rain puddles. "Careful Shado, you don't want to fall." Logan said.
"I won't." I said.
"Why don't we go look at the stars from the abandoned observatory?" Logan asked.
"Yay, yay, yay!" I exclaimed and we walked up there. We went in and watched the stars. "That's Ursa Major." I said.
"Yep." Logan said.
"And that's Ursa Minor." I said.
"Yeah." Logan said.
"Draco, Achilles, Orion, Scorpio, and Virgo!" I said.
"Right again." Logan said.
"I can name every constellation up there." I said.
"I'm aware goober. Let's go home it is way past Lucas's and Lacey's bed time." Logan said.
We went home and we put them to bed. The phone rang and Logan picked it up. I listened in.
"Logan...it's your parents." A voice said.
"What about them?" Logan asked.
"There has been a lab accident. They didn't make it." The man said.
"What no...no way!" Logan exclaimed.
"I'm sorry...but they were both pronounced dead at the scene." The man said.
I gasped and tears started to fall down my face. I pushed the door open and sprinted far away from the house with my eyes closed. I didn't know where I ended up. I screamed as I tumbled over a branch and down the pathway. I flicked on a lever and stood up crying. All the sudden, a fair lit up and I saw a Ferris wheel. I climbed up to the top and sat in the top cart. I pulled my knees in and cried holding my necklace that they gave me on my first birthday.
I cried all night long and I looked at the stars. I fell asleep.

Seth-
I heard a girl crying and flew towards it. I realized it was Shado from school. I landed and she had fallen asleep. She was shivering and I sighed.
I walked over to her and picked her up drying her tears. I turned off the fair lights and flew off.
I knocked on her door and Lauren opened up. "I found her on top of a Ferris wheel." I said.
"Logan! Seth found her." Lauren shouted.
"Oh thank God." Logan said taking her and I smiled.
"Good night." I said flying off.
"Thank you Seth." Logan said.
"Sure, no problem." I said and I got home and went to bed.

Shado-
The next day we started to plan their funerals and we got to bury them in the ground together...side by side.
I went to the Ferris wheel again that night and held my knees. Logan came and sat beside me. "Kind of chilly out." Logan said giving me a blanket.
I looked at him and leaned into his chest. I looked at the stars and sniffed. "They weren't killed on accident Logan." I said.
"The police are investigating. They said they'd let us know." Logan said.
"They'll rule it accidental...but something tells me that it was no accident." I said.
"Shado..." Logan started.
"No!! I know it wasn't an accident because the cosmos told me Logan...they told me!" I shouted.
"Look, I agree with you okay...just calm down. Let's go home and let fate decide." Logan said.
I sighed and we climbed down. We got home and the police told us it was an accident. I knew better. I knew it was no accident.
Morning came and I went surfing in the waves. I saw Seth out there and I smiled. "Hey." I said.
"Hey." Seth said.
"You really know how to shred those waves." I said.
"Thanks...so do you." Seth said.
"I wanted to personally thank you for the night before last. You brought me home." I said.
Seth smiled. "Just trying to make sure you didn't get hurt." Seth said.
I smiled blushing. "Give us your money!" Voices said from further away.
Seth turned and we walked over that way. "Stop! Leave him alone!" A girl shouted.
"What are you going to do?" A boy asked slapping her and she fell.
I gasped and ran over to her. "That was rude." I said holding her head.
"You want some too bitch?" The same guy asked.
I closed my eyes. "Hey!" Seth shouted.
They turned. "Look, another shrimp ready to get beaten." A boy said.
"Leave them alone." Seth said.
"Who do you think you are?" The first guy said walking over to Seth.
"Seth!" I called.
He smiled. "Don't worry, I got this." Seth said.
"Seth!" I shout as the boys charge him. He dodged them all and knocked them all out with a single touch to a pressure point. He twisted the arm of the bully that hit the girl and almost hit me if not for Seth.
"You like picking on little boys and girls?" Seth asked.
"I'm sorry!!" He cried.
Seth pushed down harder. "Next time I see you picking on anyone, I can guarantee I will NOT hold back." Seth said getting off of him and the bully walked away.
"You okay?" He asked me. I nodded. "What about you?" Seth asked the boy on the ground.
"A little beaten up...but nothing a few bandages can't fix." He said.
Seth smiled and offered the guy his hand. The guy took it. "I'm Seth." Seth said.
"Roman." The kid said.
"I'm Shado." I said.
"Nice to meet you." Roman said.
I pulled the girl up. "Are you okay?" I asked.
"Just a little shaken." The girl said. I smiled. "I'm Savvy by the way." She said.
"Shado." I said.
We both smiled. "You guys want to play us in beach volleyball?" Roman asked.
"That'd be fun." Seth said.
I was still shocked by Seth. I think I began to swoon over him. Not because he fought...or because he saved me...but because I wanted to be with him. I know I'm only ten, but still.
  We had a blast at the beach that day. At night we went to a Lua on Oahu Island, the island Honolulu is on...where I live. I had a blast that night we even met some other people. Moana and Adrian they were nice and really fun to be around.
We went home that night newly aquatinted and who knew we would be friends for life?