Chapter 11: Aftershock

Shado-
  I woke up my ears ringing, coughing, and I felt a warm substance on my forehead.
  I couldn't move. "Ah!" I screamed in pain. I was covered in dirt and blood. "Seth!" I screamed.
  "Here..." Seth said coughing.
"Thank God." I said.
He got up stumbling towards me. "My legs are pinned! I can't get up or move." I said.
"Hold on." Seth said coming to me.
He was bleeding too. "Seth...Seth I'm scared." I said.
Seth smiled. "Don't you worry." Seth said putting his hands under the huge ass concrete and metal combination.
"Seth that's too much. Just go find help." I said.
"I ain't leavin' ya' here." Seth said. "Now this may hurt a little, but as soon as I lift you'll need to crawl out." Seth exclaimed.
"No, no, no, no! Seth, no!" I exclaimed.
"Ready? One...two...three!" Seth shouted lifting and I was in awe as he did so, so effortlessly. He gave me his hand and I used it to pull me up to my feet. He gently set down the piece.
"Shado? Seth?" Dr. McSteel asked over ear comms.
Seth sat me down against the wall. "Yeah?" Seth asked.
"Are you two okay?" Safari asked.
"I just pulled Shado out from under a piece of rubble. We're injured...but we'll survive." Seth said.
"We'll get you two outta there just hold on." Roman said.
"Not a problem." Seth said. We hung up and I grunted holding my left leg.
"Ah...it hurts like hell." I said.
"Hey at least you can feel it." Seth said touching it gently.
"Ah! Ooo! Was that necessary?" I asked gripping his hand.
"Yeah. You're bleeding bad..." Seth said looking around.
I was sweating and leaning against the wall holding my leg. He poured his water bottle on the wound and tore off the bottom pant leg. He washed it with his hand and water. He took off his shirt and wrapped the shirt around the wound tight. I screamed gripping his hand hard. "Sorry." Seth said holding my hand.
I ripped off the other pant leg to make it even. "Can you walk?" Seth asked.
I tried and I screamed. "No...it hurts even worse if I put pressure on it." I said.
"Okay." Seth said lifting my hand and pulling me up and putting his arm around my hip.
I jumped and we made it maybe a mile. "Seth, Seth I need to sit." I said.
He set me down and we were both dripping sweat. He tore off the pant legs of his jeans. I ripped off my shirt and left my bra. "Guys...we're burning up...down here." Seth said breathing heavily.
"Working on it." Adrian said.
"Ready...we gotta keep moving." Seth said.
He took my hand and lifted me again. He held my waist and I hopped.
A fire burst in front of us and he stuck his arm out and pulled me back. "Guys...we have a major problem." Seth said.
"What?" Dr. McSteel asked.
"One of the wires just sparked and started a fire with the gasoline from storage." Seth said.
"Just hold on! We've almost got a way out for you." Moana said.
"Not an option." Seth said flinging me onto his back. "Shado, you need to grip my neck with your hands hard and wrap your legs around my rib cage like you're doing right now." Seth said.
I did just that and he backed up. He ran and used the wall like a ninja to bounce up to the bar hanging down. He caught the bar and I clutched his neck putting my head on his shoulder.
  The fire started to rise after it took the bottom. Seth grunted and started swinging. He lifted the bar to the next notch with speed. I saw the way out. Seth jumped to the rope holding me and climbed up one handed while his other hand held my waist.
  He thrusted up and then clutched the rope. We got to the top and Adrian pulled us up. "Close the opening!" Moana shouted.
  "Huh?" Adrian asked.
  "Close the opening now!!" She screamed again. Seth pulled me in and placed a rubble piece over the opening. We all coughed and Seth held my back on top of his chest.
  He sprawled out and sighed. "Oh man." Seth said.
  "We need to get you two patched up and figure out what happened." Dr. McSteel said.
  We looked at each other and smiled. "You two are lucky." Moana said at my bed side.
  "Yeah, no joke. I've gone through thirty stitches for the wound on Seth's head." Adrian said.
  Seth stood up and walked down to the Particle Accelerator. I stood up and walked down to him.
  I put my hand in his and our hands intertwined. I put my head on his shoulder and he looked at me. We smiled and hugged one another.
  "Let's figure out what happened." I said.
  Seth nodded and we walked back out to everyone else.
  "Roman, Savvy run diagnostics on the Particle Accelerator." Dr. McSteel said.
  They did. "Nothing there." Roman said.
  "Yeah it's inactive." Savvy said.
  Another quake and Seth and I went straight for one another as small pieces fell. "Check cameras." Dr. McSteel said.
  "I want a word with the doctor who turned me into this freak!" A girl shouted.
  "She must be like us." I said to Seth.
  "McGarrett, Kalakaua go!" Dr. McSteel said.
  I changed into my Black Canary outfit and Seth shapeshifted into a cheetah. "See if you can keep up kitty cat." I said.
  Seth smiled and we took off. He and I were even. He shapeshifted back into himself and we stood.
  "How cute." The woman said shooting an earthquake wave. I screamed and the waves counterbalanced one another. "Impressive." She said.
  "We can help you if you just allow us to." I said.
  "I don't want help...I want revenge." She shouted quaking again. I screamed and the frequencies counterbalanced again.
  "It's useless...please let us help you." I said.
  "Not a chance." She said shooting a quake at the ground. I jumped up with my sonic scream and landed behind her.
  She started jabbing punches and I started dodging. I fought her in hand-to-hand combat. I punched her face and then screamed and she flew into the light pole. She shot a quake wave and it forced me into a light pole.
  She came at me with a sword and I pulled out my pole. I caught her sword. Seth transformed into a snake and wrapped around her knocking her out. He transformed back into himself.
  Seth and I repurposed the Particle Accelerator to be a prison to hold people like us...meta humans if you would.
  Seth and I went home after a long night and went to sleep.