Velicha Poove

The sun peeked in the bedroom window, lighting her hair like a fiery halo. Nitya lifted her head up from the pillow, her curly hair tumbling down her back like a waterfall. The sun's vibrant rays sent a glossy, gold sheen all around the room. The sound of the rhythmic waves tumbling in the surf brought a peaceful hymn to her ears, as she gently open her eyelids and stifled a cute yawn. 'Good morning Nitya ' she giggled to herself.

'Alright enough shitty head. Get up! Long day to go ' she pin-pushed her body as she got up from her fluffy glossy bed. She grabbed her favourite pink towel and marched in the bathroom. In a span of time, she freshen up herself. She wore her all time lame T-shirt which has some random quotes on it. And a matching spike pants. She tied her hair into a high ponytail.

And lastly not forgetting about her make-up. She applied a bit of foundation to brighten up her sleepy fizzy face. Hence a bit of mascara and lipstick. 'Alright Done! ' yelled Nitya while grabbing her pink bag which didn't mathch her outfit at all. As she descended down to her hall, she could feel that something delicious is awaiting for her as the smell brightens up her tired nostrill. She jogged to the kitchen to find her mom who was as usual  busy preparing something.

Nitya sneaked like a mouse and made her way towards her mom. She grabbed her mom's saree drape and laughed like a kid which made her mother to smile. 'You'll never change this attitude. Alright what you want my Nits? ' her mom laughed at her. 'Amma I'm so  hungry' Nitya made a puppy face. 'Nitya kanna another five minutes , your favourite idli will be right in front of you 'her mom replied while chopping some vegetables for the gravy.

'Alright amma I will wait ' Nitya replied back and made her way to the dining hall. She took her seat beside her dad who was busy in a phone call. He then furiously declined the call and starred at Nitya angrily. Nitya was confused with her dad's reaction. 'Nitya what's all this? Any fight between both of you again?' Nitya got what her father meant. 'Pa this time Ani wants it to be held next year cause of project works' she replied in a low tone. She could sense her father was disappointed. 'Whatever Nits. Just make sure everything is running smooth between you and Ani boy' saying this he got up from his seat and headed towards the living room. Nitya felt bad for disappointing her dad for the third time. She felt she need to find the problem and solve it soon. So without thinking further she grabbed her car keys and headed towards the car porch.She geared up her engine and drove smoothly to Starbucks.

Nitya's P.O.V

Appa , the man who taught me everything and forgive me for everything ! It's my fault I shouldn't call off the engagement at first. He's really disappointed with me than Ani. I can clearly sense that. But there's something behind Ani's sudden decision. He is lying. I know that. I didn't want to argue further. Let's just ask his best pal, sreyu about this. Hope he has an answer for my life ! After crossing the heavy traffic of Chennai I finally reached the Starbucks at Alwarpet. Thank god there were many empty parking lots. I quickly parked my car near to the entrance and glanced at Sreyas who was already waiting for me with another man? Wait who is that? Didn't I ask him to come alone. Ugh so dumb like Malini. I clearly know that wasn't Anirudh or Sajith then who is he? Lets just get in and find out. I quickly locked my car door and pushed the glass door harshly causing everyone to look at me weirdly . Great! What a start! I just ignored those bunch of people and went to Sreyu and that random guy. 'Good morning Nits' Sreyu greeted  me sweetly. I just smiled at him and starred at that man who was quietly sipping his coffee.I took my seat right in front of them. 'Nits, meet my best friend, Shashank Vijay' finally he introduced me to him. He smiled genuinely and continue sipping his coffee. What a foodie he is. I chuckled at him . Pardon me he's really funny with that cap and coolers. Like seriously coolers in an indoor place. Suddenly, he placed his mug down and removed his coolers. Oops did he got what I said? 'I removed my coolers Ms. Nitya and I'm not a foodie I was just hungry' he smirked at me. 'Okay this is weird. You guessed it correctly. how is it possible' I asked like a three year old child.