TN | Misguided - 21

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, keys jangled and the front door opened. So much for peace. Syrah thought as she watched Ray walk in. He looked at her with confusion when he closed the door back.

"Where's Amora?" He asked.

Syrah flicked her eyes back down to her phone. "She went over to her sister's house." She said.

"Oh."

"I thought you weren't coming home tonight." Syrah announced, reciting Amora's words.

"I wasn't." He said just as dryly as his oh. Syrah got up and began walking towards the stairs. "You been doing that shit?"

Syrah turned back and looked at him with irritation. "What shit?" She tested.

"Cooking."

Syrah glared at him for a long time. "And if I have?" She asked, her smart mouth getting the best of her.

Raymun chuckled before walking behind the couch and walking directly up to her. "Syrah."

Her legs tingled a little as her name slipped off his tongue. It was something about the way he said it. She opened her mouth to speak but his hand wrapped gently around her throat– something she had grown to like. "Raymun."

"I don't fuck with that shit." He said as he tightened his grip.

"And why not?" She asked before rubbing her hand on his chest. "You just love putting your hands on me, don't you?"

Sexual tension filled the room quickly. He moved his hands then moved back, shaking his head.

"It's okay. You can touch me... just ask next time." She slurred before turning back towards the stairs going up them.

What are you doing? Syrah thought to herself as she slowly closed her bedroom door behind her. What the hell are you doing?

 What the hell are you doing?

         Royale stared at Kai as he pulled his sweats up, stretching a little once he was up

         Royale stared at Kai as he pulled his sweats up, stretching a little once he was up. Royale clasped her hands together and shook her head. She had let him do it again. He was coming and leaving... again.

"I swear to god I hate you so much.." She mumbled, pushing her head into her hands.

Kai sighed. "I don't even know why you wanna play this game, Royale. There's no trust here... yo, come on now."

Her lips formed a line as she tried to find a way to stop herself from crying but looking at him didn't help. She opened her mouth to talk but her voice broke. "Fuck you, Kai. I hope you get what you deserve."

Kai scrunched his face up before grabbing his keys from his dresser. "I love you, Royale. It'll always be like that."

Royale shook her head, getting up from the bed and hurrying out. "Yeah.. I guess."

Once Royale was gone, Kai finally noticed his phone ringing. He had just missed the call though, the lock screen showing that he had a few missed calls. He walked over to the side table and pulled his phone from the charger. He heard the door slam downstairs notifying that Royale had finally left.

Looking through his mother's hundreds of calls and voicemails, Kai exhaled. It wasn't until the last voicemail that he even once thought about Rosè through this whole thing.

"Kaivar, call me when you get this. I just talked to your aunt Moe and she's gonna be in town for the week. Are you bringing Royale? I don't know what y'all got going on... just call me." Keeva said from the speaker of his phone. He added her message to the Deleted Messages list before scrolling through texts.

Kai licked his lips before letting out a big breath of air

Kai licked his lips before letting out a big breath of air. Fuck. He thought as he plopped down on the bed. He slid his hands over his face and leaned back, looking up at his ceiling. How he was feeling about the situation was weird. One side of him, the arrogant asshole, figured he deserved this little fling since Rosè was being so hard to get. Another side, the reasonable asshole, knew he had fucked up but also knew it wasn't much he could do about the shit. He liked Rosè a lot but when it came to his first love, this wasn't someone he could easily throw away. So was he wrong?

Should he tell her? And if he did, how would she react? Especially since he saw Royale at Rosè's house, they had to know each other other than the relation between Royale and Stephon.

It was no secret that he had fucked up but he had to figure out how he was going to fix all of this and fast before Royale got to Rosè first.

Kai sighed before picking his phone back up and dialing Rosè's number. Holding the phone to his ear, he listened to it ring before it eventually went to her voicemail. "Hey, you've reached my phone. I can't answer right now so leave your name and your number and I'll give you a call back when I can."

The line beeped and Kai held the phone a little longer. "... this is Kai, give me a call back when you can." He said after realizing he was just breathing on her voicemail. "I need to talk to you."