~ Chapter 8: Pool Incident ~

Edited!

---------------------------

I woke up for once not in a tremendous amount of pain. I usually wake up with aches and pains from a previously nights beating, but since no damage was done last night the pain isn't as bad as usual. The nightmare was the only thing that bothered me while I slept.

It took me a few minutes to finally get up out of the bed. I didn't want to have to hang around Zach or Mack. I really didn't have an option in the matter, but if I can get this few minutes of peace I will take what I can get.

I got up and rummaged around in my bag for a decent outfit to wear that wouldn't cause me to overheat or one that would reveal the bruises or scars on my skin. I finally decided on putting a tank top on and a pair of black leggings. I covered my arms with a light grey hoodie to cover the bruises.

Once I was done getting dressed I applied some makeup to my face to hide any evidence of me ever being beaten. I placed everyone I had gotten out back into my bag. There was no need to make a mess in a place that is not my own.

I left my room and headed to the kitchen. I don't know if it was out of habit or I was just being nice to go and cook some breakfast for everyone. When I entered the kitchen I saw Diana at the stove cooking up some scrambled eggs.

Diana looked at me. "Hey sweetie, what are you doing up this early on a Saturday morning?" She asked. I glanced at the clock on the stove. It said seven thirty-three. "Most teenagers sleep in."

That comment brought a smile to my face. "Well I'm not like most teenagers." I said back. Definitely not like most; my father and brother made sure of that. "I always get up early on Saturday. It is sort of a habit."

"Well since you are up, would you mind helping me make breakfast?" She asked. The smile on my face grew a bit bigger. Diana reminded me of my mom before she—left.

"Sure." I said and moved further into the kitchen to help prepare breakfast for everyone. While Diana was working on the bacon and eggs I worked on the pancakes. I set the bowl filled with pancake batter down on the counter beside Diana and went to the opposite side of the kitchen to grab some chocolate chips because who doesn't love chocolate chip pancakes?

I reached up into the cabinet and looked around for come chocolate chips. The next thing I knew I felt something wet hit the back of my head. I stopped the chocolate chip bag I managed to find onto the counter before I slowly turned around and looked at Diana.

Diana laughed and shook her head. "It wasn't me sweetheart." She said as the continued to laugh. I looked at her confused. Who else could it have been?

I'm assuming Diana saw my confused expression and she pointed to her left where the doorway was to enter the kitchen. I swung my gaze over and saw Zach leaning against the wall with the bowl of pancake batter and a spoon in his hands. He pushed off the wall and walked towards me, a smirk plastered on his face as he got closer.

"I think you have a little something in your hair princess." He said. Every step he took towards me I took one step backwards until I was blocked from moving any further by the counter. I closed my eyes immediately out of fear.

Please don't hurt me. Please, please, please don't. I repeated in my head over and over again. "Please don't hurt me." I spoke allowed.

Oops

I opened my eyes to see Diana and Zach looked at me with a confused expression. I slid down against the counter and sat on the floor. I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them protectively. "Please don't hurt me." I whispered but I knew they could still hear me. I closed my eyes once more and placed my head on my knees.