Chapter 98~ Overwhelming Reunion

Edited

A/n: Hi everyone, I mistakenly made Naruto and Sakura knows Rin's real name, so we be clear they don't, they think her name is Ayame, she never introduced as Rin. Sorry to bother you and thank you.

Flashback:

Two years ago, Kamui dimension:

Obito removed his mask and Rin's eyes widened as she looked at him with parted lips and tears streaming down her face.

She remained silent for so long Obito went nervous, he needn't feel her chakra to tell how upside down her emotions were.

He felt a mixture of sadness, disbelief, hope and despair all at once.

Hot tears blurred the young woman's vision as she took in the appearance of the man facing her.

Painful memories came pondering into her head making her relive the tragedy that was their life.

The Iwa ninja slapped her face when she refused to answer his questions and the twelve years old Rin closed her eyes at the tingling pain, she bit back hot tears.

She might have been a girl but Ninja were not allowed to cry.

Death awaited her, she must find it in her to accept it and fulfill her last mission.

Ninjas who are kidnapped in time of wars are automatically considered collateral damage.

She knew all this, she knew it at heart, and yet...

Her cheek swelled where he hit her and her heart hammered against her chest, her lips were dry and no matter how she wanted to look strong, her body was trembling.

Despite all this, she was a ninja and she knew what she had to do.

Her last mission was to keep silent and protect her village.

Kakashi and Obito's mission was to destroy the bridge, they mustn't lose time.

Kakashi would do it? Doubtlessly. Following the mission is his Ninja way.

Obito in the other hand....

Obito was different, he was special, he was free spirit, can't be held by something as immaterial as laws and restrictions. Rin hadn't lived long but she never met someone like Uchiha Obito and she knew deep down that she met a particular someone.

He shouldn't come to save her, it was dangerous, reckless, unthoughtful, yet she hoped he would come and she knew that he would, that filled her heart with warmth and hope. Hope for a future. And that strengthened her resolution.

For him, there was nothing she wouldn't fight, there was nothing she wouldn't outcome.

'Obito, be careful.' She remembered thinking as she was driven to a genjutsu.

Oh, how she wished he never came.

"Obito!" Kakashi cried when he saw Obito's half crushed side.

Rin's knees folded and she fell down in despair, her chest hurting from a different kind of pain she never felt before, that couldn't be possible, why him? Not him?

Not him.

'That's just impossible.'

"Rin?" Obito finally said dragging her out of her thoughts.