Chapter 71~Dangerous Situation

Edited

Akatsuki returned to the girls after deciding on the road they should be taking, when he came back to their small camp, he found it empty, all their things gone, the fire off. And no Ei, no Rin.

He ran there.

'They must have been kidnapped, their kidnappers are good, they erased every trace of the act.'

Ei and Rin would have never left without saying anything, plus, there was a beautiful flower in the side, there was no way Ei would have left without collecting it.

Akatsuki looked up. "Ei, Rin...stay safe."

::

"The black haired woman didn't woke up?" Asked a kidnapper.

"No, she scared the hell out of me, she seem dangerous, keep an eye on her." Added another.

Well Ei wasn't even a ninja, nor was a powerful being or something but -unluckily for her- she had a creepy aura about her.

::

That was difficult for Rin to raise her eyelids, she felt so weak, the poison was tearing her inside painfully.

Difficulty, she opened her eyes, blinking multiple times adjusting to the light.

She looked up, grimacing at the tingling pain in her hands, she was suspended up a tree, a metallic stick piercing her palms together, serving as a support to maintain her attached.

Pain wasn't unknown to her, that was just an old friend, so, just being tied like this wasn't something that unbearable for her.

'Ei.' Rin thought panicked looking around her, her head pounding, dizzied by the aftereffects of the poison, she knew she received no antidote.

Why waste any, for an undying.

She found her friend tied with a metallic chain in a near tree, they must have thought she was very dangerous, but right now, that was the least of her worries, she was more concerned to check on her, wishing to God that she was safe.

Greeting her teeth, she decided to force her linked hands out of the metallic stick, she was used enough to torture to bear this much.

In order to keep those trump cards she had acquired, Rin practiced both inhuman training and mithridatism.

She made it half the long stick when she heard a cold mocking voice, a voice she would recognise in a hundreds.

"I see you still have some memories of torture, happy to know! We won't hear you scream often, then."

Rin's eyes widened in shock before looking at the man, disdain and disgust drawn all over her face as she watched the bastard before her, the only man she disliked more than Danzo.

"Seto....." She clenched her teeth together.

Akito's uncle, Danzo's main surgeon.

Said man, laughed as if he just met a long lost friend. "Long time no see Nohara, so good to see you talk again, did you miss me? I did, I did miss you very much Rin-chan."

Rin glared at him, no surgeon enjoyed her torture more than him, he was also the man who tortured her parents before their death, he —in the past — took a special pleasure narrating how he did to the little girl she was.

At a time, the simple memory of him made her body shiver in fear, unabling her any rational thinking, she had stayed awake nights and nights trembling at the thought of him, at how he would make her pay for her escape, how he would torture Akito vindictively, was he to survive the ravine, how he would ruthlessly engrave his fury in his body before killing him.