Chapter 78~ Reality

Edited

It was already sunset and Kakashi was glad he was free today.

He was sinking in the amazing plot of the new Icha Icha Series when a frame on his bedside table fell.

Kakashi glanced at it, it was Team Minato's first picture frame, he sighed, leaning toward it to put it in place again, he didn't believed on those superstitions, not anymore anyways.

Why would he? They were all dead.

He glanced then at the first picture they took as team seven and only hoped that at least Sasuke would be alright and would return to them soon, before directing his full attention to the captivating events in his book.

::

The sun set in the horizon and darkness descended, leaving place to the night sky.

Yet, for Uchiha Obito, the world seemed to stop. No, the world had stopped.

For a moment, he couldn't hear anything, couldn't grasp the flow of time as he saw Rin's blood spilled, going down her neck, her head bowed down as though it barely held in her neck.

Behind her, stuck in a tree, hanged the corpse of the man who took her life.

A Shinobi jumped out of a tree, preparing to fight but before Obito had time to accord him any importance, a flash of light emerged and distant reminiscences of birds could be heard, in an instant the man was pierced by a lightening spear.

"Chidori Eisô." Said the voice of Sasuke in an echo, jumping next to the trunk where Rin laid leaned against a tree, glancing at her then looked at Obito, mumbling something he couldn't hear, but that he understood reading in his lips with the Sharingan.

If you ask him, Obito didn't knew when exactly he had turned it on.

Sasuke, then jumped after a second Shinobi.

Obito was fidget, he couldn't believe it, no, he refused to believe it, that his eyes saw her dying once more, that his senses felt her life slipping away another time, that even after all those years, nothing changed, he was late, he was not there when she needed him.

That was too much to take.

Too cruel to happen yet again, right under his eyes.

Obito's chest felt stuffy, overwhelmed by emotions, past decisions and memories.

He might had made that nightmare before, but for it to really happen.

His whole body was shivering from a coldness that had nothing to do with the evening breeze, from an anger he wasn't sure he was feeling and from a fear he didn't believe he possessed.

With uncertain steps, he leapt next to her, rejecting this reality.

The moment Obito's feet touched the trunk, the unimaginable happened. Rin's eyes shot open.

The Uchiha's eyes widened, barely having the time to feel that her chakra was resurfacing, barely having the time to finish calling her name that she jumped at his throat in an uncharacteristic piercing scream, pushing them both in the air.

"Rin!" Obito called, but she didn't heard him, as she screamed louder muffling any words from him as though refusing to listen while pushing him further down, intending to crash his head against the ground.

And who knows, break her bones as well.

Mid air, Obito redressed, wrapping his arm around her waist and jumped on a lower tree, however, Rin was wiggling in his embrace, managing to land him some kicks, making him lose balance and finally fall down.