Chapter 96~ One Last Time

Edited

"Even if you head north now, you will find nothing miss, all the shops, inns and hotels closed, I'll be closing soon too, we're leaving the area." Said the old pharmacist lady ironically to the caped woman standing before her. "War again..."

Rin looked at her with a smile while adjusting her hood over her head.

"Thank you, but I'll be fine." Said Rin gently.

"Are you sure, they don't even spare woman over there you know."

Rin smiled. "That's truly kind of you Obaa-chan, but I have no choice but to go north."

"If you don't do it for yourself, do it for your parents, it is selfish toward those we love to chose to die young, girl."

Rin's eyes widened an instant at her words then she remembered that day she chose to die at Kakashi's hand.

That resulted on a series of occurrence that had her parents killed, Kakashi going certainly through hell and finally Obito.

'How was it for Obito?' she wondered picturing him standing in the darkness.

The answer could be pretty clear to her and vague in the same time, that tragic incident left them all broken beyond repair.

And Obito...what happened to you?

It was so ironic that she chose to die to do not selfishly take other's lives with hers and that turned to be another selfish decision for her most closed ones.

But was there any other choice? Was there any choice that was right?

'my egoistic decision, what have it done?'

The old woman looked at her giving her her herbal commands. "I see that you are still adamant, young those days are so stubborn."

"I feel like I have to go no matter what, it is in fact the only thing I can do."

_the only thing I can do, when I feel I am partly responsible for this.

The old woman eyed her for a brief moment. "There is no need to be dramatic young girl, just think of those who loves you." Said the old woman giving her her bags filled with medicinal herbs.

Rin payed her price and turned on her heels walking the other side, the old woman, pitied those young souls called for her one last time.

"You can still come with me, it's very dangerous, girl, it's not a simple war, it's a ninja war."

Rin stopped and looked back at the woman from under her hood, a little smile plastered in her face.

"Thank you, but I am a ninja too."

Then she turned on her heels and there she was gone, the old woman watched her disappearing from sight.

"Wait," Said the old woman to herself. "Isn't that girl that lone shinobi that wander from battlefield to another to heal people, I've heard few shinobi who passed by talking about him, a ninja that heal people then disappear just after, I think they called him the Unnamed Doctor."