Chapter 75~ Overcoming The Grief

Edited

Uchiha Obito was a man with a lot of energy, he was rarely ever seen bored or tired.

He sometimes chill around when there is nothing to do, but wasn't one to push away works.

Yet, today, he felt particularly lazy and bored, he didn't felt like working at all.

He felt tired already upon waking up this morning, so, he took a long bath and spoiled himself to a delectable breakfast, yet, he couldn't get rid of that disgusting feeling in his throat.

Letting out a long sigh, Obito leaned on his office chair spinning in it slightly, passing his hand through his hair.

He had laid his cape on the chair and his mask rested atop the office, which was filled with numerous pile of un-started works. Obito couldn't remember when was the last time his office was this messy.

The Akatsuki had been enchaining works for six months now, it could be understandable, but he knew that the reason why he was feeling so worn out had something to do with the Uchiha brothers story, Itachi had passed away and Obito told Sasuke all about him.

Now, the memory of those unjust tears Sasuke had shed plagued his mind.

He was an Uchiha, so of course, Sasuke had played it tough, however, Obito could feel Sasuke's chakra mixing with his feelings, he could therefore feel Sasuke's devastating pain and he didn't like it at all.

The heart he was sure he didn't possessed any longer throbbed painfully against his chest remembering the violent wave of emotions that left that boy's heart damaged beyond repair.

Obito could feel it all too well, that was the fate of those sensor type with acute sensing power, that's why it was preferable for them to keep their wits about themselves and avoid sensing other peoples chakra for they could feel their pains too.

Always, this story had driven him mad with its injustice, always he felt that it was too much for anyone to take. After all, Obito was an Uchiha himself, and he was proud to belong to that clan.

But, they were feared beyond reason and as Madara predicted, they found their doom by the hand of allies.

That's why he understood Sasuke's complicated feelings, the boy somehow found himself carrying the heavy weight of their loses on his shoulders.

All of this shaded Sasuke's chakra with a dark colour impregnated with hatred and injustice, a colour that suited their cursed clan.

And even if it was working perfectly according to the plan, he couldn't help but feel bad for it.

He hated to admit that he felt uncomfortably needy and lonely, the thought made him think of her.

Since he knew she was alive, he was coming to miss Rin's calming presence, Rin's smile had always inspired a mysterious peacefulness and serenity that filled his heart with warmth.

And that's precisely why he left her behind, refusing to even think about her.

So, he came back to reality, where only emptiness and futility existed, a reality he would stop, by all means.

The thing is that even if he didn't wanted to know, he could feel how terribly Sasuke felt.

The smell of defeat was indescribably disagreeable, after all, only the Uchiha payed the price of blood, just as if they were never meant to belong. Exactly like Madara had predicted.

Sasuke was still young and surprisingly misinformed for someone who spent three years with the like of Orochimaru, so he couldn't get all this very well yet, but Obito was convinced he was coming to understand it, bit by bit and as the heir to the clan, whether he liked it or not, Sasuke felt the weight of this treason heavier than any.