27: Hair Messy, Lips Swollen

[ Dallon's POV ]

So, here's my coming out party. I love Brendon Boyd Urie. I'm in LOVE with Brendon Urie, and I was completely satisifed with such. The day after we told each other we loved one another, I disappeared to Spencer's apartment, eager to spill the news. He answered the door on the first knock, and embraced me in a hug, before offering me some Pink Lemonade. Classic Spencer. Either way, I accepted it, and we took a seat on the couch.

"So?" He asked, "What's going on?"

"Look," I insisted, setting the glass of pink lemonade onto the coffee table. Then, I jerked my sleeve up my arm, revealing my wrist, and Brendon's name. Spencer's eyes faltered, before he broke into a sad smile. "When did you notice it?" He asked, directing his sad smile in my direction. Confused, I shrugged, leaning back into the couch.

"Last night. When I did, I told him I loved him, and he said he loved me back. I'm in love with Brendon Boyd Urie." I answered, eagerly rubbing my hands up and down my thigh. Spencer sighed, looking away, guiltily. "You've been in love with him for a while." I frowned.

"Huh?"

"I noticed his name when I was checking your wrist for a pulse two weeks ago." He admitted. I frowned again, furrowing my brow.

"And you didn't bother telling me?"

"It wasn't in my place to." He answered, simply. I frowned, again. I hate simple answers. Yet Brendon was the simple answer to the complicated question that was my life. I sighed, and stood up, my pink lemonade abandoned.

"If you insist. Either way, thanks for easing up on Bren." I awkwardly thanked him. Spencer's lips curved into an affectionate smile, as he stood up, and embraced me once more. While we hugged, he whispered, "Well, I'm your best friend. I want you happy. Safe, but happy." He assured.

"Thank you for everything, really." I quickly said, sticking my hands deep within my pockets. Spencer only shooed me off, towards the door. "Oh, get out of here, doesn't your boy toy need you?" He teased, smirking. I went red in the cheeks, and huffed, straightening up defensively.

"He's not my boy toy, and what about my lemonade?"

"I'll finish it for you," He replied, snatching the glass into his hand, and taking a sip, before beginning to push me towards the door. I rolled my eyes, and walked out. Once he closed the door, I chuckled. "Of course you will." I muttered, under my breath.

As I began my brisk walk for the dorms, through the misty, dreary air of Black Hollows, I pulled my phone out. My fingers found Brendon's name easily, as I clicked on said name, and held the phone to my ear. However, I didn't get an answer. It was odd, since Brendon always answered his phone. Instead, I simply texted him, inviting him over, as I made my way up the dorm stairs.

With my hands buried in my pockets, I cheerily passed down the hall. However, as I approached my door, with the word FAG still written across it, I heard a distinct noise coming from my neighbor's dorm. 322. I paused, my heart dropping to the pit of my stomach.

"Ohh, Brendon, God."

No, it couldn't be Brendon. Not my Brendon, however. I pulled my keys out, screwing up my face to focus on getting the keys into my door's lock.

"You ready, Ryan?"

There was no mistake. That was Brendon's voice. MY Brendon's voice. I could never mistakd his husky voice for anybody else's. The keys fell from my hand, as my hand began to shake. Was I angry? Hurt? Hurt, definitely, that it was even happening. Angry that it was with Ryan, my neighbor. I marched over and banged my fist against Ryan's door.

"Brendon Boyd Urie! So help me, if you don't open this door..." I trailed off. There was a thump, and a whine, before there were footsteps, and the door swung open. Brendon stood in front of me, his hair messy, lips swollen, and only dressed in boxers. I peeked behind him, to find Ryan covering up his exposed body with a blanket.

I wasn't sure how to comprehend the situation. Brendon only stared at me, with wide, sad eyes. "Well? What's your excuse this time?" I asked, my voice cracked. The worst part was how he'd just recently told me he loved me. I guess that love wasn't too stable, if he was in bed with my neighbor.

"Dallon, God, I'm sorry.." Brendon whispered, dropping his eyes down to stare at his feet. I looked over him slowly, and rose an eyebrow. My throat burned with my attempts to keep down the tears threatening to spill. I leaned in to grab his chin, pulling his face closer to mine. For the first time ever, not to kiss him.

"Meet me on the roof of your apartment building tomorrow, at 10:45 sharp. We'll exchange our last kiss." I snapped. He didn't pull away, only stared at me with those dirty eyes I loved so much. I finally released his jaw, and pursed my lips. When I didn't get an answer, I pushed him back, and reached in to slam the door for him.

Then I turned around, and stormed straight from the dorm establishment, tears racking my entire body, and stirring me up into a mess. Spencer was going to hear about this, and he wasn't going to be happy; but I wasn't going to do anything to Brendon. That was for me to do, and Spencer to hear about.

I thought he loved me. I guess I was wrong.