5: Throwin' Shade

Thursday rolled around, and my heart was battling my brain. It was logical to skip out on Brendon's invitation, and just stay home, since I had more classes tomorrow morning. Then there was my heart, which was pleading for the opportunity to experience what the pretty boy had to offer. Call me naive, but maybe things would turn out like those Disney movies, where the two lived happily ever after.

After what felt like years of debating my options instead of working on my poem, which was due in two weeks, I realized something. There would be a constellation showing between 11pm and 12am tonight, and I didn't wanna miss them. So I made up my mind. Since I was gonna be up all night to catch the constellation anyways, I decided I might as well at least stop by to tell Brendon hello.

Then I spent even longer trying to decide what to wear. I was like a girl with makeup, taking hours upon hours just to decide which foundation would bring out my eyes. Except I would prefer if nobody looked into my eyes. I wasn't a fan of my own stormy gray eyes, despite what Brendon mentioned about him. Speaking of Brendon, I wanted to get to know him.

How old is he? Has he always lived in Black Hollows? Does he like dogs? Okay, the last one was a joke; kinda.

I ended up panicking and throwing on a plaid shirt, glancing at the time (which said 10:30, by the way) then throwing one of my "grandpa" sweaters over the plaid shirt, then complimenting the entire outfit with my nerdy glasses. I looked like an experienced Christian dad, but I had little time to drop by. Like before, I kept my pencil tucked behind my ear, and my composition book under my arm.

The Slammer was just as dusty as usual, which rose a cough from my throats as I let the doors fall closed behind me. I took my usual booth, expecting none other than Brendon Urie, who I was looking forward to seeing. However, when the waiter approached, it was possibly the last person I expected to see.

"Dal, who're you all spiffy for?" It was Spencer, who tossed me a Pina Colada across the table. Some of the drink splashed out onto the table, but neither of us offered to clean it up. I left it were it was, and raised my head to meet a very cheery Spencer, also known as my soon to be pissed off best friend.

"Brendon Urie. No Pina, I'm just stopping by to say hi." I insisted, and Spencer's smile fell. He cleared his throat, leaning across the booth table to snatch the Pina Colada back into his hand, and messily drop it on the tray balanced in his left hand.

"Oh really? Didn't I tell you to stay away from him?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. Here we go; cue protective Spencer. I sighed and shrugged, adjusting my black glasses upon my nose.

"Yeah, but I think I'm ready to make decisions for myself, Spence."

"Your parents asked me to watch out for you, and this guy is seriously not someone to tangle wit-" Before Spencer could finish, he was bumped forward, in which the tray was jerked from his hand, and clanged against the table. The Pina Colada glass smashed against the table, shattering, and pouring right into my lap. I released a squeal, hopping up as the cold substance soaked into my jeans. Nice, my crotch totally needed an alcohol bath right now.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry!" Brendon appeared at my side, forcefully taking my hand in his own, and resting a hand on my waist. My heart leapt from my chest with every touch, as he guided me away from the booth, then released me to comfort Spencer, who was gaping at the mess. Spencer shooed Brendon out of his face, but shot me a glare as Brendon sighed, took my hand again, and lead me from The Slammer.

"Come on, Dallon, you can borrow a pair of my pants." Brendon sped on, letting the thick dusty doors fall closed behind us. I finally got a grip of the situation as the cool misty air smacked against my cheeks, so I dug my heels into the concrete, jerking my hand away from Brendon.

"What? No! I have places to be tonight. I just stopped by to say hi," I said, as I anxiously slipped my sweater off, awkwardly trying to dry up the wet spot in between my thighs. Brendon stopped, turned, and watched me struggle in amusement, before raising an eyebrow and taking control again.

"Where? And here, let me help." He took the sweater and pulled me closer, so our bodies were pushed up against each other. He reached around me with the arms of the sweater and tied it around me in the back. When he pulled away, I was crimson, but the splotch was no longer showing. I sighed in relief.

"Stargazing. I need to catch a constellation for astronomy." I said, and glanced up at the foggy sky. Stars were hard to see with the naked eye in Black Hollows. Brendon seemed to read my mind, and purred in amusement. "I can sneak you onto my apartment building roof, where you can see the stars better." He bribed.

I was sold.

"Fine, fine..." I gave in, but pulled away when he tried to take my hand again. "You have two hands, you don't need mine." I huffed, defensively. He only shot me a half hearted smirk, and turned to wander off throughout the night. I waited a few minutes, looking back at The Slammer doors with guilt.

Tomorrow, I wasn't gonna hear the end of it from Spencer, since he was bound to be pissed with how I left with Brendon. Then I turned towards the fast paced figure of Brendon, and started to follow after.