Chapter 22 "KYLE"

"Welcome, Kyle

"Welcome, Kyle." Donatello shook my hand, smiling. He looked like the kind of man who could win over any person with his good nature. I understood why my mother married him. He was a real man- the complete opposite of my bastard father. He was very different. He let us pass and then entered the house. We followed my mom into the kitchen and helped her carry the groceries. "Your mother says a lot of good things about you. She used to cry all night when you left for Spain."

"I did not!" My mother denied, opening the food we had bought breathing in the tasty smell of salami and bread. "I was very worried for my son, that's all."

"Well, of course!" Donatello chuckled, shaking his head at her obvious lie. "My name is Donatello Pellegrino. And, what's your name, miss?" He asked Violet, instantly kissing her hand. Violet looked down, embarrased to make eye contact with him.

"My name is Violet Fire." She replied. "You have a very nice house, Signore Pellegrino. Everything here is made with love." She continued, looking at the large wooden kitchen and the small canapés.

"Thank You, Violet. All thanks to my lovely Fiona." Donatello hugged my mother, kissing her gently on the cheek. My mother melted, sniggering back at him. They had full harmony in their relationship; I felt it. They were two people who had finally found each other despite their past. They had something that united them- their feelings for each other.

Donatello began to help my mother with lunch, absolutely not worried that he may end up being covered in flour or sauce. In my entire life, I had never met a man who was so desperately in love. He was cooking with his partner and enjoying it to the full. I was not a fan of such love.

"Kyle, my boy..." My mother called me, while cutting the vegetables. "Take Violet to the farthest room. Let her rest there. And Donatello will bring your car to our house. So don't worry. What brand is it?"

"It's a black Jeep, and mom, I can drive it back myself. I only need some gasoline." I wasn't going to take her help, I was persistent about that. "I don't want to bother your husband.

"Come on, Kyle!" Donatello waved his hand. "We're all friends here. It's really nothing!"

"Don't argue, son." Mom wagged her finger at me. "Listen to your mother."

I simpered back at her and shrugged as I quickly left the kitchen. I walked Violet to the room which my mother told me about and we began to settle down. We had left all our things in the car, but fortunately, the wardrobe was full of clothes. It was probably Donatello and my mother's or maybe their relatives left it behind.

"Kyle." Violet called me, standing at the door of the wardrobe as I changed into a white t-shirt and black jeans. "Can you help me? I can't zip this dress."

I was near her in a second, but for some reason, ruminated whether to help her or not. Feeling her skin under the pads of my fingers, I felt a shock of desire. The longer we were together, the stronger my attachment was growing towards her. I was really in love with Violet.