Liam’s warm eyes soften as he absorbs what Niall says like a sponge. There was a mystery behind Zayn and Liam was beginning to ache to find out. “How do know this anyways?” questions Liam, curiosity getting the best of him.

“Louis, duh! He’s the gossip queen! If you ever need any juicy details about someone at school, just go to Lou!” explains Niall who’s looking at Liam like he’s a total dumbass.

Liam cackles because Louis was infamous for being nosy and wanting to know everyone’s business. “Thanks for the tip Nialler. Guess I’ll take it into consideration if I need any dirt on someone.”

Niall’s gentle blue eyes go wide and look like lakes. “See how helpful I am? I feel like Oprah!”

Liam scoffs, “Last time I checked, you aren’t black and  rich and don’t have a vagina. Then again, you get all giggly and soft whenever you’re around Josh.”

Niall smacks Liam upside the head. “Shut up you twat! Now text Zayn and ask if he’s coming. He probably just feels like an outsider and needs reassurance that he’s welcome to join us.”

“I’m going, I’m going.” Liam’s thumbs tap rapidly against his touch-screen keyboard, typing out a text to send to Zayn. He sends it and smiles hoping he even possibly brightened Zayn’s day. “There, s’done.”

“Yay! Now you won’t be the fifth wheel!” cheers Niall sarcastically. The blonde was great at switching from serious and helpful to a jokester in seconds.

Liam makes an annoyed face at Niall who’s smiling like the bastard he was. “Whatever. Make sure you douche your asshole for Josh.”

“Oh, I definitely will. Rumor has it he’s great in bed and has quite the length,” counters Niall while shaking his bum side to side.

“Doesn’t get any gayer than that,” mocks Liam in a fit of laughter.

“Hurry up, will ya?!” demands an impatient Harry downstairs.

Niall mimics Harry’s talking with his mouth like a puppet and Liam giggles. “Last one down’s a rotten egg!” challenges Liam while slapping the Irish lad on the bum and running down the flight of stairs.   

~**~

Similar to Liam’s case, a pair of hazel eyes with a tint of green meets their reflection in a bathroom mirror. These eyes weren’t filled with content and happiness. They were glooming with shame and sadness. A charcoal watery mixture goes down the drain as Zayn washes off his hands from sketching. After finished, he dries his hands with a cloth and looks back at the mirror.

Zayn slips off his shirt and examines his hips in the mirror. He always hated them because they were curvier like a girl’s and his father used to mock him constantly for it. One time when Zayn was only twelve, Yaser jumped behind his own son and pinched his hips while making liposuction noises to mimic Zayn getting the fat sucked out of him. This scarred him for months to where he would have nightmares of getting his hips sliced opened and having fat sucked out with a tube. That was pretty fucked up for a twelve year old to experience, but Zayn’s life was anything but normal.

“A boy should have love-handles!” Zayn’s father’s words were always lurking around in his thoughts. He could never get them out of his head no matter how hard he tried, like a tumor that would never go away. Yaser was the type of man to say things before you think, but it’s not like he’d regret it anyways. Why would he? It was all true, well, through Zayn’s view point.

Frail hands work their way up to the boy’s neck as he thinks fat is starting to form in the area. A double-chin was the last thing Zayn needed. He was already a freaky faggot to everyone, so he couldn’t afford to ruin his already semi-tarnished image.

“Dad’s right… I should really go for a run or something,” is all Zayn mutters before walking through the door and once again entering his room. A glowing phone screen is visible in his peripheral vision as he plops down on his springy bed and reads his newly received text.

From: Liam

Message: Hey Zayn! I hope you didn't forget about Josh’s party! I really hope you go! Sorry for all the exclamation points, lol, but here’s the address: 5467 Glendale Avenue. :)

Zayn was actually surprised that Liam actually sent him a text. His and Zayn’s talk earlier at lunch was just so weird and out of the blue so he figured it was just a prank or something. He then decides to type back a text and bites his lip before sending it. Zayn didn’t want to break down his walls so quickly for Liam because he hardly knew the guy, and the last thing he needed was to just get hurt like everyone else seemed to do to him in his life.

To: Liam

Message: Yeah, I'll be there soon. xx

A giddy grin was plastered on Zayn’s face. He still couldn’t believe someone like Liam was taking time out of their day for him. He wasn’t used to the comforting warm feeling.

The sketchbook that was adjacent to Zayn’s side seemed different than before. Zayn picks it up, a peculiar look shown on his face as his breathing starts getting heavier. The word “EAT” is written in bold letters over the beautiful portrait he drew of Liam.

Whimpers escape Zayn’s mouth as he furiously tears the paper out of the booklet and crumples it up and throws it in the trash. It’s as if the word was haunting him all day, and he was sick and tired of it. Maybe his mind was just playing tricks on him.

Trying to take his mind off his paranoid thoughts, Zayn focuses on the task at hand. He knew his parents wouldn’t allow him to leave the house at such a late hour, especially after the mishap at dinner tonight. So he had to sneak out, and if he got caught, oh well because his life already sucked anyways. It’s not like anything worse could happen.

He slips back on his TOMS and crawls out his window. It was very cliché, but the only solution he could think of. Once his wobbly weak feet meet the fluffy green grass, Zayn automatically feels shivers traveling down his spine and body. His teeth chatter; the night was quite cold.

Why was he even shivering? Shouldn’t all the fat tucked under the baggy sweater he was wearing to hide it keep him warm?

Many impulsive and triggering thoughts continued to roam Zayn’s mind as he took off into the velvety night.

__________________________________________________________

So how was it? I hope it was a good enough chapter? I know this story is moving slow, but it’ll start building up once the party happens, and I really don’t wanna rush it. Slow and steady wins the race.

Thank you guys so much for getting this story to 1k+ reads! That’s amazing! I’m astonished honestly. I never thought three chapters of mine could ever achieve that.

Don’t forget to:

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN/FOLLOW

-Sahar