20. a day in a hospital.

" why is he fidgeting under the table like that? " Mason asks distractedly handing me the bag of chips looking at the two people that they described to me a while ago.

I frowned putting too many chips in my mouth chewing loudly. " I think he's nervous. I mean from what you guys described, she sounds really hot! It would probably be a catch if he scored her " I said handing the bag of chips to Aidan.

" a catch? And scored? Seriously April you should stop hanging out with guys all the time " Haidly exclaimed from somewhere beside us but I didn't give her my attention. Plus I barely refrained from hitting her because of the disgust in her voice. Like seriously, that's not of her fucking business .

Aidan ignored her as he chewed on the chips and took a minute studying the -perhaps-a-couple- " Or maybe she's asking him on a date and he don't know how to say no "

The bag of chips is with Mason now " say no? If he said no I'll walk out there and snatch her for myself! How can anyone say no to such beauty! " he said sighing dreamily.

" seriously Mason! " Haidly exclaimed again

And like the first fifteen times we ignored her.

The bag of chips is with me now. " maybe he's in love with a beautifuler girl "

" beautifuler isn't a word for God's sake " Haidly exclaimed.

I got a little carried away with eating the chips so Aidan snatched the bag from me and after probably glaring at me he _also probably_ returned his gaze to the -prehaps-a-couple- " or he has been diagnosed with cancer and he want to spare her the pain of what to come" he said and his voice wavered slightly at the end.

" oh god! And maybe he won't ever tell her " Mason said sounding close to tears.

" and she would spend the rest of her life feeling insecure and heartbroken and she would never date again " I said slightly getting in the mood as I crunched my face in a heartbroken frown.

" you guys are sick! " Haidly said sounding slightly upset.

" and he would spend the rest of his remaining life alone wishing he would have given them a chance!" Aidan said hanging his head down.

" ok, I have had enough! When you guys decide that you had enough of your weird stuff I'll be in the cafeteria " haidly said angrily before she stormed off.

I breathed a sigh of relief slumping back more comfortably on the bench.

" Damn having her around was awkward " I said running a hand threw my hair.

Mason laughed " not as much as having to see our weirdness, Aps " he said earning a bunch on the arms from Aidan

" don't use the nickname man " he said.

I smiled a little " anyways, do you guys think we over did it?!" I asked them. It was the whole plan from the start to drive her away so we could have some time together.

Yes, she was a part of the gang a long time ago but we've learned how to grow so comfortable and close with each other that it just felt awkward having her around.

So we did the only things that always drove others away. We got lost in our bubble of weirdness that no one who wasn't close enough could enter.

and I loved that about us, about our friendship.

" nah " Aidan said nonchalantly. " think of it as you sparing her the pain of watching you all blind and vulnerable " he said imitating the way she said it when she made the excuse.