10. enjoying the little things

April's pov

I didn't realize I slept until the door banged open, and I was jerked awake. My body was choosing between having a heart attack or being, while I was getting antsy by the moment. What the hell was I suppose to say. What if he had brought a girl home.

" HOLY SHIT! " a voice yelled suddenly. " April what's the hell are you doing here ?!"

" um.. Er.. Setting " I shrugged looking sheepish.

" no, shit Sherlock .. I can see that unl-" he stopped mid-sentence and I can feel that he was going to say unlike you.

He sounds drunk but that doesn't mean it hurt less.

So I stood up trying my best to mask my hurt and caging the tears in.

" unlike me.. Right?! " I asked, my voice surprisingly full of strength.

" I -I didn't mean to .. You just.. I .. "

" save it, Aidan" I said making my way to the door .

" April.. Please wait.. I swear I didn't mean to think of that I'm just too drunk "

" fuck you, Aidan " and that was the last words I said before heading out of the house to my house.

I wasn't crying.

Because honestly, I forgive him.. He absolutely didn't mean it and to top it all, he was drunk..and there is this part of me that can't hold a grudge on Aidan and Mason.

But he doesn't need to know I'm okay with it.. He's probably cursing himself and on the verge of crying from guilt and to me that's just enough.

At least I'm not the one who would start the talk now.. He will come around and apologize and then we will talk

I'm a fucking genius, I swear.

Walking to my house I decided to go to the garage.. I missed my car.

My dad got it to me on my sixteenth birthday and I didn't get to ride it except four times and that is when the accident happened .

But overall I missed driving it even though I drove it a few times .

It used to get my minds off of things. I only drove it to escape the pressure and just go to places I've never been before.

Yes, I'm a typical teenager but who can blame me?! It's fun.

Walking towards the spot that my car is parked at since two years, I put the tip of my finger on the BMW logo.

It's so ironic having a BMW car but never have the chance to ride it.

Sighing, I made my way to the driver seat and climbed in.

After settling down I put both of my hands on the steering wheel with a Goofy smile.

I laughed at myself and made a driving sound .

And right as I was really having the time of my life, the passenger door opened and a person climbed in slamming the door shut.

" really, April?! And here I was.. Feeling like a total ass when you're here looking like you're having the time of your life " Aidan exclaimed sounding frustrated.

I fought back a laugh and turned to look at him "you deserve that because you're truly an ass, Aidan " I said and surprisingly my voice came out happy.

If I knew that pretending to drive my old car will make me this happy I would have practically lived here.

" how could you do that? " he asked and I looked at him in confusion.