5.the 'brilliant' idea

April's pov

What was taking him so long? it's been at least fifteen minutes.

I was so confused.

But then again, it's Aiden we're talking about a.k.a the slowest guy I've ever known. I once asked him why he had to be slower than my grandma and he just said it's called being cool.

yeah, right. cool my ass.

But I think I'll spare him anymore mental making fun of him since I really appreciate what he did. Him coming in here when he could just have given me the space I always pretend I needed.

But he didn't do that, and his words was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. it was even the first time he called me beautiful, which made me feel all weird all over my body. like if my body was appreciating the complement or some other less dumper metaphor.

and I swear in that moment I wanted to kiss him.

Wait.. WHAT?!

Where did that come from?!!

Fuck. No. No. No. No.No.

I already loved one of my best friends once and it was painful enough for me to repeat the history. heck, It was painful enough for me to never fall in love with anyone anymore.

A. BIG. FAT.NO.

good. now that this is settled down I can be confused on where did Aiden go, again.

" I'm here " Aiden announced loudly, I quickly stood up. I don't know why but I actually felt embarrassed by my earlier thoughts.

" I'm here too. " Mom announced and I kind of felt relieved that she was here.

" what took you guys so long? " I asked as I felt my mom wiping my face with a cotton. the woman wastes no time, I swear.

" Aiden had a little talk with us, sweetie" oh. " so me and you father had a little talk. " I heard her shuffling in a bag then felt a wit substance over my eyes. " and Honey, you should have told us why you really didn't want to go. " she said pausing a bit to probably look me in the eyes.

" I know I'm sorry, but I still want to go. " I said no longer relieved that she was here.

" yeah, we knew you wouldn't want to stay now that you're here so we kind of decided that we don't have to let anyone know you're blind. well, unless the people you actually interact with " Aiden said

" but.. It's obvious, Aiden " I said confused.

Yeah, it will be great if no one know, and it's so sweet that Aiden did that but Who couldn't tell if a person was blind?

" no.. It's not.. If I didn't know you were blind I'd have never known. Believe me " and that brought a smile to my face.

" so.. Is that your brilliant idea, Aiden?! " I teased grinning. But quickly stopped when mom slapped my arms because she was applying a lipstick.

" yes.. Exactly.. Brilliant.. I don't think their is other ideas that's brillianter than mine " he played along smirking.

" I don't think their is a word called brillianter " I chuckled..

" I coined it "

There is the reason why we're friends, you see.

I laughed just as mom finished applying my make up, " all done, sweetie, I'll meet you guys downstairs. Don't be late. " then she hugged me and leaned in to whisper " I'm sorry for being inconsiderate " and then she was gone. I felt like crying all over again