1.go with the flow

" April sweetheart wake up " my mother's voice echoed threw the room, and sweet as it May seem, it was still so effin loud for 6 in the morning ( Although if you think about it, Anything is loud at 6 a.m.).

I covered my head with the billow and groaned. I love my mom, but there's nothing I hate more than the act of her waking me up in the morning, or more likely the act of any one waking me up in the morning.

" mom, I'd appreciate it if you would lower your voice down please " I said and from my seventeen years experience of her behavior, I could just about  imagine her covering her mouth with a guilty expression on her face.

" sorry sweetie but you should really get up, Aiden is going to be here at any minute now. " she practically whispered and I heard her pulling the curtains open. you're perhaps wondering why she's so sweet right now. I mean it's not in the motherly nature. 

Well, just for clarification, she hadn't been always that way.

two years ago, I had an accident. the whole accident thing would have been enough for them to treat me like a golden tissue ( I don't know where that metaphor came from, honestly ) but then as it turned out, the accident caused me my sight. yes, I'm blind' and for some unfathomable reason my family thinks if they mistreated me I'm gonna break down crying. Or maybe kill myself, I don't really know what goes on in their pretty weird minds.

As nice as it May seem _the whole me being a golden tissue thing_  It gets on my nerves some times. I mean bitch please, It's me we're talking about, I'm tougher than a cookie ( I suck at metaphors, you see a pattern here?) but then I put myself in their place and I get it. plus there is nothing wrong with being treated well by your parents every now and then. Especially if it makes me skip all kinds of lectures  starting from getting home late to getting pretty bad reports at school.

Doctor says that operating on my eyes to get my sight back shall be no problem at all, a cornea transplant is a common surgery, but we are waiting for my turn  in the eye bank and a certain doctor called John Foreman. so it's been two years and still no words from the hospital, for people who crap eyeballs don't exist now a days.

Okay, I am being totally gross over here. there just have been no people donating eyeballs.

So I wait.

Being blind, although, horrible, taught me a lot about the people I associate myself with, or in other words the people I used to call friends.

Insert snorts here. a lot of those 'friends' were quick to give an excuse on why we shouldn't be friends anymore. Guess having a blind friend was too much of a burden for them.

" oh my gosh, April " sops. Sops " I'm so sorry but, I can't stand seeing you like this, it just hurts so much. I love you like a sister you know that, but I just can't keep seeing you like that ,I'm s-s-so sorry-y "

And the most brilliant excuse for not being around your blind friend reward goes to.... Hadley _my so called best friend_ the very same one that was with me in the car the night of the accident

It really got me laughing the whole day. Not. at least it spared me from having to deal with her broken arms because god knows I wouldn't have been able to see her like that. note the sarcasm please.

the only two friends that stuck with me was the other two in the same car in that night of the accident. Mason and Aiden my neighbors and my childhood best friend. Also a huge playboys. they weren't like that back in the days ( I sound like grandma right now ) but I really couldn't complain. They are the best thing that ever happened to me and I would do anything to keep them around.