14. McDonald's or Wendy's

Aidan's pov.

FINALLY.

The final bell rang.

I quickly made my way to the parking lot where April always wait for me there with Mattew. I don't know how but this Matthew boy seems to spend more time with her than me and I am willing to change that.

I still can't believe that she agreed to be my girlfriend.

She's Now my girlfriend.

Damn, this felt so right to think about.

I finally saw her with him as he was laughing at something she said and made my way towards them.

I wrapped an arm around her waist pulling her to my chest " mind if I borrow my girlfriend? " I asked secretly enjoying the feeling of being able to call her that.

Don't judge.

His eyes widened in shock and then their was pure happiness.

Thank god he doesn't have feelings for her.

" fucking finally " he exclaimed causing April to swat his arms with a gasp.

I furrowed my eyebrows " what do you mean by finally?" I asked

" April wouldn't shut up about_ ow" he was cut when April stomped on his foot with her boot and laughed nervously. " how hard the homework is " he finished instead and April let out a relief sigh.

" come on guys I'm not that stupid "

" you came early, I always wait for hours "

" you weren't my girlfriend then " I smiled Proud of my answer.

Matt snorted excusing himself.

" so you don't keep your girlfriends waiting but you can keep your bestfriend waiting?! "

" exactly! " I exclaimed putting my arm around her shoulder.

She pushed me off muttering " asshole " as she got in the car.

Chuckling I climbed in and drove off.

" I'm not taking us home " I stated heading of to the place I wanted to go.

She looked over at me with raised eyebrows " is this you telling me you're a traitor and befriended me just to see my week spots and when you got enough information you're just gonna kidnap me now that's _"

" shut up, aps.. I'm not a traitor and I'm not kidnapping you ..jeez" I interrupted her with an exasperated eye roll.

" okaay " she trailed off sounding confused .

" I just wanted to spent time with you away from every body"Aa

At that she smiled looking at me with an unreadable expression that almost looked like...

Hurt?!!

" I'm sorry " she said almost inaudibly

I was confused.

" are you apologizing?!! " I asked as ,disbelief filled my voice.

" yeah, I know you probably want a normal date like a walk in the city or a day at the beach were we end up watching the sunset or a day at a cliff watching the whole New York from above or maybe going to an arcade store or anything that had to be with a girlfriend who can see. But I can't.. And it probably sucks for you " she said with so much pain in her words that made my Heart clinch.

I immediately parked my car along the side of the road and looked at her.

" come here " I said sternly and she looked at me confused.

I sighed leaning towards her and bringing her on my lap after alot of struggle .

" first of all, these things you're saying is so cheesy and I didn't think about them for one bit. Seriously, where would you get these ideas?!! The first idea that came to my mind was taking you to McDonald's or Wendy's!! "

She smiled at that and continued staring at me.

" second of all, you're an idiot for thinking that, I would spent the whole day with you in the most boring place you could even think of and not be bored for even a bit. So don't you dare think about these stuff again, ok?! " I asked sternly breathing heavily after my great speech .

And the look that was on her face made me proud of every single word I said.

She was smiling warmly with again an unreadable expression on her face.

And then she leaned in and hugged me as if her life depended on it.

I hugged her back with the same force sighing in her hair.

And after a few seconds she spoke..

" they are delaying my operation " she whispered in my ears.

I pulled back slightly to see her still with the warm smile.

" what? " I asked though I heard the first time but it's hard to believe it.

" they are delaying my operation. Dad and Liam are having trouble with the business and they can't afford it with everything going right now " she shrugged as if it was nothing.

It was everything.

" dammit, April. Is dr. Forman here?!! "

She nodded .

I ran a hand threw my hair taking it all in.

" calm down Aidan. they're just delaying it not cancelling it. I'm sure they well figure things out " she said in a quiet voice as though she was convincing herself.

I hugged her again burring my face in her neck. " I'm sure they will " I whispered in her ears before she pulled back with the same smile she's been giving me since we rode the car.

" you mentioned something about McDonald's " she smirked.

I laughed placing a quick kiss on her lips and helping her into her seat again " now that you mentioned it. I'm famished " I said as I drove off to McDonald's

×*×*×*×

After I made sure April was in her room safe and sound I made my way to my house.

Ignoring the shouting from my parents room I made it up the staircase.

I was in a very good mood thanks to April and I wasn't going to ruin it by listening to their arguments.

it was one hell of a day.

It was quiet weird talking to a girlfriend with that amount of comfortableness.

But again it's not just any girlfriend it's April.

With that being said it's quite weird going out with April on a date.

as a girlfriend.

But it's the good weird you know??

" you look happy " Ayla's voice said from beside me as her door opened to reveal her in her Minnie Mouse pj.

" hey, little one come here " I said opening my arms for her.

she giggled walking towards me and throwing herself between my arms " what makes you happy?!! Is it April?!! " she asked catching me completely off guard.

" no " I replied pulling back.

She narrowed her eyes " I'm sure you're not happy because mommy and daddy are shouting at each other because if so then you're a bad person " I laughed at her ruffling her hair.

" nope I'm not happy because of that"

" ok " she let out a yawn " I'm going to sleep now, goodnight " she said walking to her room again.

I turned around just as she called my name.

" yes, Ayla "

" it's okay to admit that she makes you happy. She makes me happy too " and before I can reply she turned on her heels and closed the door after her.

Aaand how old was she again?!!