TN | Hard To Get - 05

Start from the beginning

"Well, she wasn't the most attractive girl but-"

"She was fine, you just racist as hell." Kai laughed, giving his mother the middle finger.

Keeva couldn't hold in her laughter. "Black people can't be racist, you know that." She said.

"That's just a cover up so we can openly be racist." Kai said, smacking on some more chicken.

"That white girl got to you." Keeva joked causing Kai to laugh even louder. "But seriously, you don't think it's time to settle down and be with someone?"

Kai thought about what his mother was saying for a while. Keeva never talked to him about relationships before so this was new. For the most part, their mother-son relationship was like a friendship. He respected her as a mother but they had always been best friends since he was younger. He could always talk to her about any and everything, vice versa.

Relationships just never came up.

"The way I look at it is this: my whole teens and twenties are laid out for molding myself, making my money, and messing up in life. I'm twenty-four. I have time so I'm not rushing into settling down with anyone any time soon. I'm getting this money and making sure you're good and living like you did for me. You and Syrah are the only women I'm worried about right now and ever. Alright?" He explained, finishing his plate. "And miss me with that gay shit, you better ask about me."

Keeva started laughing again. "Ask about what? Tell me what I need to ask about."

"Nothing, mama!" He laughed, getting up to go clean his plate.

"That's what I thought."