• breathtaking •

Seungkwan noticed how things seemed extra beautiful today. He also noticed how songs are extra catchy today. Seungkwan also noticed, how his heart is beating faster today.

He stand there, by the mirror, looking at his own seemingly glowing refelection. The mirror boy smiling back at him seemed so blissful and enthusiastic. He chuckled at himself, and maybe his heart, too.

'morning,' Seungkwan smiled at the text from his bestfriend.

'morning Squidward,' Seungkwan typed.

'Boo,' He got a reply seconds after, 'Do you wanna hang out today? our usual place?'

'Nope got a date,' it surprised Seungkwan himself, realizing that it's actually a date, 'ShIt It'S a DATe Im okBai'

Seungkwan turned off his phone and started cleaning up himself and dressing himself. His heart continued to feel fluffy and tense.

He didn't mind that feeling.

• • •

"um," Seungkwan coughed, "are you ok? maybe? no?"

Seungkwan gently knocked on the car winodw, but still getting no reply from the boy weeping inside, "Hansol," Seungkwan noticed, "Hansol you're clearly not ok."

He continued knocking and the chronic sound seemed to finally reach the boy inside. Hansol turned around and their eyes met.

Seungkwan felt his heartstrings breaking, seeing the boy who laughed so hard yesterday with swollen red eyes today.

Hansol gasped at the sight of Seungkwan, and let down the car window, "I'm sorry," Hansol's voice was fragile and thin, "i'm really, really sorry." Then Hansol forcefully reached for the box of tissues and roughly wiped his tears away, "please, Seungkwan, come in."

Seungkwan heard the car unlocking, so he opened the car door and steped in. Hansol tried to smile at him, but it was the saddest smile Seungkwan has ever seen in his whole life.

"just cry, Hansol, it's ok," Seungkwan whispered. Hansol looked at Seungkwan one more time, and turned around so Seungkwan couldn't see his expression, but he could hear Hansol's pressed cries.

After a few minutes, when the cries start to fade out, Seungkwan hands Hansol a few pieces of tissue, "Wanna talk about it?"

Hansol blew his nose, and turned around to face Seungkwan, his voice shuddered, "look, I don't usually cry, I almost never cry, and... I really don't know what happened today... When I was driving to here, I just, I just couldn't stop myself. I thought I was ok. I just couldn't control myself. I'm really really, sorry. Seungkwan I-"

Seungkwan leaned forward and hugged Hansol. His hug was warm and it accpeted everything Hansol felt.

His hug sent invisible warm shivers down Hansol's whole body, telling Hansol voicelessly that everything was ok. Things are ok. It's ok to cry. It's ok to feel different. He doesn't have to be strong and smile and the time. He doesn't have to pretend.

Oh.

"It's ok Hansol," Seungkwan seemed to be hearing Hansol's thoughts, "Don't pretend. Pretending hurts." He was still hugging Hansol.

"I don't have to pretend everyday around him..." Oh. Minghao said that.

"It's ok to cry and have emotions, Hansol," Seungkwan continued.

I didn't say that to Minghao.
But he did. Jun.
Maybe he can love you better than me.
Minghao.
I was wrong. I made mistakes. many many.
Maybe I'm suppose to go back to my reality now. I'm going back. I'm making things right. At least this time.

"Seungkwan," Hansol gently pulled away from the hug and smiled at the boy smiling at him, "Thank you. Really. Let's go, I'll show you a place."

Hansol turned on the music, It's alright... Everything's alright... It sang.

"It's alright," Hansol sang.

"Everything's alright," Seungkwan sang.

Sunlight sprayed loosely inside Hansol's car, sprinkling on Seungkwan's hair, face, and skin. Hansol glanced at him while waiting for a green light, and Choi Hansol forgot to breathe at that moment. He forgot all the equations and forms of speech he learnt in school. He forgot memories. He forgot heartbreak. He forgot everything, but he'll remember one thing forever for sure.

Seungkwan was so breathtakingly beautiful. Inside and out.

【tbc...】

Thank you so much for reading pls save this girl desperate for votes and comments <3