Battle of One

Luke's POV.

Luke, I'm trusting you.

That's the spirit! Come on, let's roll!

I dived straight into the fight and deflected the blow. The member of the Blue Team staggered backwards as I jumped and slashed him.

He gave out a yelp and his inventory poofed. I casually picked up the deceased's items and smirked, watching his teammates back away in fear.

I raised the tip of my axe.

"Why you running away? The fun's just getting started!"

Jesse's POV.

He was crazy.

From the second Lukas saved me, I knew something was wrong.

He chased the other contestants like wild geese, him maniacally laughing while the others ran for their lives. I got up, picked up a Green Team member's sword, and went after him.

Did Luke take control again? No, Luke promised he wouldn't go berserk, but he couldn't have that much strength...And how did he even escape the respawn pit??

"Lukas! Stop! Our team will be disqualified!"

He didn't listen. He continued fighting and eliminating players. I expected Hadrian to call it quit (since Lukas is technically cheating), but he just sat there, laughing and grinning like this was some sort of show.

I rolled my eyes at his fairness and went after Luke. He was faster than ever, and had a surprising accuracy went hitting the other participants.

"Hey! Luke! Stop!"

Just as he was about to slice a Yellow Team member's head, he stopped and faced me, eyes red, hair messy, and wearing a sly smirk.

"Hmm? What is it now, girl?"

I tried to reason with him. "Look, I know this game is meant to be quite violent, but the main goal to win is to stand on top of that podium!" I pointed towards the high podium that had ladders around it. "-And you killing people like this is just mad!"

He shrugged and set his sword on the ground, leaning on it.

"What'd you expect? Me, talking to a bunch of low players and stopping them from winning? Heck, where I come from, you fight till you get what you want, even if it means death!"

Luke threateningly pointed his sword at me, the tip almost grazing my neck.

"And you won't get in the way."

Third Person POV.

Lukas held his breath as he witnessed the sword getting closer to Jesse's neck. Did Luke forgot their promise? To not kill?

"Jesse!" He shouted, but no voice could escape the mind void he is in. Lukas felt anger boil inside him and shouted again, "LUKE! You promised not to hurt anyone!"

Luke stopped in his tracks as he was just about to cut Jesse. "Well, sorry champ. Guess I changed my mind."

Lukas stared in horror as the sword slowly poke Jesse's neck, and blood flowed thinly. He felt a sudden burst of anger and energy; soon found himself lying on the floor, though a but transparent.

"What...What happened?"

He stood up, and saw Luke spinning around, holding his head. He looked dizzy, but still very murderous. Jesse was on the ground, breathing heavily and backing away.