For You

Get ready.

Lukas' POV.

Petra shook me awake and I glared at her.

"It's today. Wish her luck."

"Of course." I muttered as I get out of my old bed. The Respawn Dorms were dusty, run-downed and dirty. I wonder how many years it has been since someone cleaned this place up.

After washing myself, I exited the dorms and went to look for Jesse. She stays in a more cleaner and convenient dorm...which was good for her. She needs all the comfort and energy she can get to win the final game.

I stopped in my tracks as I thought about it again. Hadrian had said that this last and particular game was dangerous and violent. Sure it meant some killing, but I couldn't get my mind off it. It seemed like Hadrian was trying to warn me...warning me that Jesse would...

"Lukas?" I felt a light tap on my shoulder and jolted. I turned around, quickly, and saw Jesse standing there with a confused face.

"You seem alarmed. What's up?"

"N-Nothing."

"Lukas...I don't want you to keep your feelings to yourself. Tell me, what's wrong?"

At that moment, I felt frustrated. I don't know why. It was like a raging ball of fire clogged up in my throat, and I wanted to spit it out. I was worried. So worried that something might happen to her, and yet, I feel angry.

"I told you I'm fine! I don't have to tell everything to you!"

With that, I stomped off, hands stuck in my pockets. I was mad. Really mad.

But was I mad at her?

Jesse's POV.

I stood there, dazed, and then I returned to my dorm. Why was Lukas so angry? All I wanted was to know what's wrong...

Am I being too caring? I know at some point people would get mad because I'm invading their privacy too much, and I already knew about Luke's story, so maybe...he was angry because I know too much?

I saw Ivor purchasing some bread as I passed the store. He waved and gestured for me to sit down and have a talk.

"Jesse, I saw what happened. Was Lukas troubled?"

"I don't know. I don't want to know."

"Well, you seem hurt, so let me say this. Although Lukas snapped at you, I'm sure it's for a good reason. He would never get mad at anyone without reason, so you can trust him. Maybe he's had some bad interactions with Luke, so he needed some alone time. You understand, don't you?"

I thought for a while before nodding. It's true. I believe that Lukas wouldn't let it out on me without any reason to. With that in mind, I stood up.

"It's time."

Lukas' POV.

Idiot, idiot, idiot! Why did I scold Jesse?

I have to make it up to her somehow. Or else, her feelings may affect her performance on the final game.

Walking back and forth, the door opened and Jesse strolled in, full in armor and weapon. She looked brave---courageous to take on any challenge.

"Jesse, I-"

She placed her index finger on my lips, and my face reddened. She then smiled and whispered,

"Tell me later, okay? And please...don't let Luke do it."

Jesse didn't seem mad, which was relieving, but I wonder why didn't she want to hear me out. She walked towards the locker to make some final checks on her attire and weapons, then a gladiator came in.

He led Jesse out of the preparation room and into the arena. We, eliminators waited in the Respawn area, having a good look on the scene.

"Jeez, this place is big. What game is this gonna be, though? There's sand walls and mini biomes in here." Petra looked around.

Wait...

Sand walls, different small biomes...crafting tables...

It's the Walls.

Jesse should know this game, right? She should. It's popular in any server in Minecraft. Surely she knows what to do...

I looked over to Jesse's place, and all there was were patches of coarse dirt, sand, gravel, and one crafting table.

...

Hadrian is not being fair.

"Jesse! Je-" I was cut off by a sword that blocked my view. A gladiator stood menacingly before me, and said in his deep voice,

"You will not give away hints or help to any player."

I scoffed and walked to the group. They noticed Jesse's situation and was worried too.

"This isn't fair! How are you expecting her to craft anything out of rubbish?!" Petra protested. The players agreed and an uproar was occurring.

"Silence! Hadrian had made the game as fair as possible. Jesse is exceptional in fighting, so giving her these resources was a plan to make her even with the other participants!" Slab knocked the metal bars, creating noise that made everyone quiet.

I looked worriedly at Jesse. She was puzzled---confused on how she was going to survive. I could sense that panic that was building up in her heart. Time was ticking.

"Let the walls fall!"

Hadrian had made the game start earlier than planned. Some participants were still crafting and getting ready, while Jesse stood at her side, vulnerable.

The game quickly went intense as everyone locked their target onto Jesse. She did her best and fought back, but it was obvious to know who would be the final winner.

I clenched my fists and hit the bars. If only I wasn't eliminated...

Jesse was being outnumbered. The Blue Team had successfully knock off her sword, and was backing her up into a corner. She looked frightened, and that was an expression she hardly made.

Well?

I jumped back at that sudden voice in my head.

She's in trouble.

"What else would you want me to do?" I muttered.

Simple. Let me control you.

"No way. You would kill countless of participants here. Plus, I promised Jesse I wouldn't let you control me again."

Hmm, so you would rather her die?

That question made an endless loop in my mind. Let her die...Let her die...

But I can't do it. Even if it means me jumping out there, protecting her, Hadrian would definitely make a huge mess. I could be trapped here forever. But if she's killed, all of us would be trapped here.

My hand went it's way to my thighs and touched the axe. It was still there. Jesse was on the brink of getting decapitated.

What should I do?

1. Let Luke control

2. Let Jesse die

It's been months since I published, huh?

First of all, I am really sorry. I'm not really into MCSM anymore, and I don't have the feel to write it. Also, Yuri on Ice has made me addicted, and that's why I couldn't find the inspiration to write.

However, I will try my best to end the stories with a satisfying ending. Same goes to my other books. I hope you understand that it isn't me not wanting to continue the story, but simply, I have lost inspiration.

I hope you understand.

▶CoolGuy142