Let's Play

Luke's POV.

Boy, never knew human bodies get tired.

We exited the sewer, and climbed some ladders. After that I did some sprints and killed some nearby sheeps, who were aimlessly wandering around.

That girl, Petra, was getting annoyed.

"Can you not kill everything you see?"

"Well, you're alive."

She rolled her eyes and stomped away. The yellow eye guy, Drake, was following her. Potion freak-I mean Ivor, stuck his nose high and brushed past me. Jesse did the same.

What's wrong with killing pointless mobs? All they have is wool and meat, not like they're special stuff that gives you power.

We sat down at a tree, and rested. Finally Jesse said, "Drake, can you please tell us how to exit this world? I really want to go home."

Drake looked away and said, "Well, considering that you can beat tue principal himself, I wouldn't mind sharing it with you. When we were searching for ways to find you, I stumbled upon an old book. Here."

He passed it to Jesse. I tried to take a closer look, but she flinched and inched closer to potion-IVOR.

"Ooh....so the key is right here all along. We just need to get the flint and steel in the principal's office, go back to the sewer and find the hidden portal. Seems like an easy job." She said.

"Well, why don't we go now?" I'll have more fun killing other people in different dimensions.

Jesse raised an eyebrow and nodded. The others went back to the school into the office to grab the flint and steel. On the way Jesse asked me something.

"Luke...what do you get from killing people?"

"I dunno. Kill for fun I guess. People respawn anyway. And I get to level up my fighting skills."

"People don't respawn easily, Luke. Tell me the true benefit you get from killing people."

"I get to release my anger and stress."

"Are you serious?!"

This girl was getting on my nerves. "If you really knew what happened, you'd understand...!"

Stop Luke. Your emotions are getting to far. Remember that you can feel and express in a human body.

Jesse turned towards me. "Understand what?"

"Nevermind." I answered and turned away.

No one ever understands...why I became a soul, a cruel murderer.

Jesse's POV.

Obviously, Luke was hiding something.

The way he's acting and talking, normal people...even him...wouldn't be like that.

Lukas...will you ever come back?

I sighed and went into the school. There I saw Ivor and Drake rushing towards us.

"Found it! We found it!" Ivor exclaimed. The flint and steel was glowing, in the colour of indigo.

"Nice! Now we just need to find the portal." Petra said.

"Easy enough. Drake's familiar with the place, right?" Luke pointed out.

Drake shrugged and said, "I'm okay with the place. Maybe we can find it faster with this much people."

We all agreed and went into the stinky sewer again. Eesh. Disgusting.

We all went separated ways, with me pairing up with Petra, Ivor with Drake, and Luke by himself.

Hey, he said he wanted to go alone. Maybe off killing zombies and mobs. Those are harmful to us.

"Jesse...that's Luke isn't it."

"Yeah. His eyes constantly change though. Last time it was red, then white, now...red again. Huh. Weird."

"He's dangerous! A serial murderer! We should quickly find the portal and ditch him."

"Look Petra...he may seem very hostile, but he did mention something about people not understanding him. Maybe we should...listen to him?"

Petra stopped in her tracks. "Stop being nice, Jesse. Sometimes you gotta leave someone. After all, in this blocky world, it's killed or be killed. Literally! You die and won't be able to respawn."

I folded my arms. "Then you need to be nicer! Come on, he must have a reason to kill. It's not like you can read his mind. Maybe someone or something destroyed his world, and he doesn't have freedom. That's why he..."

Petra rolled her eyes. "Whatever. But I'm not risking myself fighting next to a serial killer." She walked off.

The thing about Petra is that she's extremely determined. Once she had her mind set, she never changes. Like first impressions. If you mess up, she may consider you a clumsy and foolish person.

I followed her and spot something on the walls. While others were made of stone bricks, this looked...rougher. Like a monster egg block.

"Stand back." I said and mined the block. It broke and a silverfish jumped out. I killed it off easily, but other monster egg blocks vanished and more came.

"Look what you did." Petra muttered under her breath. She took out her sword and impaled two silverfish.

I was busy fighting off three, when all of a sudden the silverfishes jumped at me. Then, out of nowhere, a silver blade came out of nowhere and killed the three.

"Nice fishing." Luke said. He ran over to the other side to retrieve his sword. Ivor and Drake hurried to the scene.

Luke tried to help Petra kill some fish, but she knocked him backwards and charged at him. Seriously! This girl has issues...

"You think I want help from a killer?!"

"I. Am. NOT IN THE MOOD."

Luke deflected her blow like a piece of cake and kicked her in the stomach. She flew backwards, but charging again. Luke was in rage mode and slashed at her.

"Argh!"

"Petra!" Ivor rushed in and gave her a Potion of Healing.

Drake and me were grabbing Luke's sides, preventing him from knocking her out.

"See, Jesse? This is why I don't want to team up with him! Unless you bring Lukas back, this guy is going to kill every living thing he sees!" Petra exclaimed, healing.

"FINE! If you think I only kill out of fun, then leave me! I'll enjoy killing evey soul in this world." Luke answered, a little calmed down.

Drake gave a terrified glare at me, and I said, "No. We can't let you hurt innocent people. Please, bring Lukas back."

Luke rolled his eyes. "Pfft. Like I'll give up this opportunity. No."

He shook us off, and grabbed the flint and steel from Ivor. Luke then lit the portal that was revealed when we were mining the monster egg blocks. He made a face at us and said, "Come catch me."

"The game of hide and seek begins."