Eliminated

Lukas' POV.

"Jesse! Lava!"

"Ack!"

Jesse hastily jerked to the left to avoid the falling lava. I caught up with her and we ran beside each other.

"You okay?"

"Y-Yeah. That kinda scared me thought."

"Come on," I reached out my hand. "We can move faster and be in sync together."

She held my hand with a smile and we ran faster towards the end of the tunnel.

Suddenly, we saw the members of the other team. They had weapons...Swords, bows and arrows, and one even carried a shovel.

"Look out!" Jesse warned.

I ducked just in time before the shovel guy hit me. Apparently he hit his own teammate and he flew far behind. Ouch.

"Another one!"

A Yellow team member thrust his sword at my direction, and I jumped sideways. Jesse let go of my hand to dodge an attack as well.

"Just get eliminated already!" A Blue team member shouted.

"Sorry, but you'll have to beat us fair and square!" Jesse stuck out her tounge and dragged me to the end.

We both reached Gladiator Junction, where chaos happens. Up down, left right, everywhere is filled with bulky gladiators.

Some threw TNT at us and a few participants flew behind. Others took out their weapons and charged at us. Me and Jesse swiftly dodged their attacks and made our way to the exit.

"Woah, stop there."

A gladiator blocked our path, and we looked up hesitantly. Sure enough, it was Slab.

"Come on, you two leaving the area without fighting? What cowards." He snorted. Slab then took out his diamond axe and began swinging it around.

Both of us jumped backwards to avoid the attack. Jesse took out her sword and me my axe. When Jesse was going to slash at Slab, an arm grabbed her from behind.

Another gladiator...this time a girl, locked Jesse by using her rough arm. Jesse squirmed and kicked her, but to no avail.

"HEY!!" I yelled so loudly everyone almost stopped fighting. "Put her down."

"Aw, what you gonna do? Hit me?" She taunted. The gladiator locked Jesse tighter.

"I said PUT HER DOWN!"

She flinched and loosened her grip. Jesse took this advantage and kicked the in the stomach. The gladiator leaned forward and both of us dashed towards the exit.

We reached a waterfall, that has a pool of lava at the bottom. Vines ran down, gently touching the ground. I jumped and grabbed the vines, so I wouldn't fall off.

"Um...Lukas," Jesse started climbing beside me. "Thanks for saving me back there."

"N-No problem, but I think I overreacted."

To be honest, I didn't know what I was doing. I just let anger control me. It was very overwhelming. Almost as if Luke...

No, he promised to stay in my subconscious for the time being. He wouldn't lie, since I already know his past.

Luke didn't want to fight. Cassie forced him to kill, that's why he looked so scary in the beginning. However, he really isn't as frightening as he is when you get to know him. I bet Jesse realized this too.

It was not long before I noticed Em, the green team leader, climbing ahead of us. Nell was also beside her. They also noticed us.

"Huh? I thought you were squashed by the gladiators. Oh well, burned Lukas isn't so bad either."

"Excuse me?"

Before I knew it, I took a foot to the face and fell. The moments seemed like hours, and I saw the horrified face Jesse made when I fell to my death.

I was also shocked, but I didn't have anytime to react. All happened too fast...

Sorry. I said in my head. I wasn't talking to anyone in particular, I just thought that I needed to apologize for letting my guard down.

The hot, scorching lava engulfed me for a few seconds, and I revived in a small pen surrounded by fences. I was wearing my normal clothes, and felt a bit lightheaded.

A few members were already respawing--I guess they fell to their death as well.

"Already out? You know if you're eliminated, Jesse's going to be all alone in the final game."

Hadrian walked towards my respawn area and smirked. I gave him a look of hatred. "What do you mean?"

"Let's just say, the final game will be even violent than this. If you would really let a girl participate alone, what kind of gentleman are you?"

I shivered with anger. "Don't underestimate Jesse. You don't know what she is capable of."

"Well, I'll take a good spot to see tomorrow's final. Hope your team wins...if not, you know what you're supposed to do."

He gave me a smirk and walked off. An even violent game? Great.

"Phew!" I heard someone said and a figure burst out of the trapdoor. Jesse quickly ran towards the line and crossed it. "First!"

"Congrats Jesse!" I shouted from my place. She noticed me and rushed over.

"Are you okay?? You fell into the lava..." Jesse trailed off and stared at me. I gave her a small smile.

"Well, since I respawned, every cut and wound are healed. You don't have to worry."

"Thank God...seriously, you scared me. If Em hadn't pushed you down..." She sighed. "You wouldn't be eliminated."

"I guess I wasn't paying enough attention." I admitted.

Em and her teammates came second, and she stared at us in horror. Hadrian walked to her group and began lecturing them.

"The deal's off! You can't even let two immatures fall into the lava!"

"Wait! Please!" Em pleaded. But no matter how much she cried, Hadrian just left her there. Jeez, that man's heart is as cold as ice.

"They eliminated you so they could go home... Just who would think Hadrian plays fair?" Jesse angrily muttered. To calm her down, I patted her head.

"Hey, it's okay. Hang in there for the final game tomorrow, and we're home."

I suddenly realized what I just said. I haven't told Jesse what Hadrian explained to me about the final games. Violent...does that mean the participants would have to kill one another?

Jesse opened the fence and I was able to walk steadily now. Our friends---Petra and Ivor---greeted us with a big smile. However, I just stood and watched Jesse ran towards them, giving them a big hug.

Could she be able to win tomorrow?