Feelings

Things gonna get interesting ( ´∀`)

Jesse's POV.

I heard a knock at my door. Is it Luke? He shouldn't be up so late, considering that we have a very tiring match tomorrow.

I groggily walked towards my door and unlocked it. Luke was standing there, not doing anything.

"Luke...what do you want? It's late."

"Jesse..."

I blinked. It wasn't Luke. That voice was Lukas!

"L-Lukas?"

"Yeah." He placed his hands on his hips.

I immediately hugged him as he spun me around. He was back! Luke is gone!

"H-How...?" I asked, with tears of happiness in my eyes.

"Well, Luke shared his dark past with me. And I got to say, he has a soft side too. You weren't too hard on him, right?"

"Nope. Aside from the killing, he's pretty reasonable. And he's good at fighting too."

Lukas turned his head. "Yeah he is..."

"Hmm?" I asked, pretending to be innocent.

He sighed and placed his hands on my shoulder. "Listen Jesse, I'm going to say this once, because I never know when I'll be unconscious and Luke will take over."

Lukas' hands were shaking.

"I like you Jesse, or even more than that. I want to be worthy of you. You were the reason I managed to control myself and fight against Luke. All this time when we had adventures, I was always thinking of you. Not one day has passed without the thought of you."

My face and his were equally red. This...is this a dream?

I took one of his hands and held it.

"Lukas...I have feelings for you too. I just...didn't have the courage to speak up. I was really worried when Luke took you over."

He smiled at me and pulled me closer. Then, our lips connected. It lasted for a few seconds, but it seemed forever.

When we pulled away, he said, "I know I did this once, but this time, I want to kiss you not more than a friend, but as a girlfriend."

"Oh ho~ so you were jealous when I said Luke fought better." I teased.

He frowned and looked away. "Fine...you got me."

"Tsundere." I poked his cheeks.

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

"Yo Jesse! What's-oh. I'm guessing that's Lukas." Petra smirked as she saw Lukas and me holding hands, walking out of our dorms.

"So what happened that night?" Ivor asked (imagine him doing the lenny face)

Me and Lukas blushed and said, "N-Nothing..."

"Well, you guys gotta put the lovey-dovey stuff away for a while. The competition today is a race. Be prepared." Petra said.

"Already am." I answered with confidence.

"Hey, what are we doing again?" Lukas asked. Right, he doesn't know about the race.

"Well, Hadrian said that the competition today is going to be a race with something...hot." Petra explained. "Jesse, did you tell him everything?"

"Yeah. I explained how we got here and about yesterday."

20 minutes later

I closed the locker and did some stretches. We have 5 more minutes to get prepared, and we're doing some last minute warm-ups.

"Hey Jesse." Em walked over. "I'm sorry about how I treated you at the last game. Can I make it up to you?"

I smiled. "Sure."

"Well, how about working together? We can meet up at Gladiator Junction. It's where things get serious. Sounds good?"

"Okay then. See you there."

She gave me a big grin and walked to the teammates.

Lukas leaned over. "Are you sure about trusting her?"

I shrugged. "I'm only half-trusting her. There's no way anyone could turn 180° around."

Soon, we got ready at the starting line. I could see and smell the fiery lava, blocking our way. Lukas knelt beside me, and Ivor was behind us.

"Competitors! On your mark!"

"Good luck Jesse!" Em shouted beside us. Nell gave a wave and the third party member smiled.

I smiled back, but was still cautious.

"Get set, go!"

We took off as if we were chased by the Witherstorm.