School on Fire...? (nah)

(Entirely on Lukas' POV for this chapter.)

Lukas' POV.

"So...how do you think I can control it?"

Jesse shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe we need to destroy the source? Something that's controlling it?"

"I...think it's a soul. But how can we even find it's...'controller'?"

"I don't know...but I'm sure we'll find a way to cure you. Believe me."

I nodded and smiled at her. She's so willing to help...even a murderer like me.

"The devil side of me is called Luke. And he sometimes talk to me. In my head."

"Huh, must be really freaky to have a voice talking to you." (*cough* PAMA reference *cough*)

"Yeah..."

There was silence for a while, and Jesse got out of bed.

"Well, I feel better now. Let's find our exit portal. It should be around here." She stumbled a bit and I caught her.

"Why don't you stay here? You still look under the weather." I suggested. She shook her head.

"Nah, I just need to work out more. Come on, let's find Petra and Ivor."

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

"Oh my god have you seen that guy?"

"The blond hair one? OMG he's fabulous!"

"Senpai notice me........"

I seriously hate being the centre of attention. I wish they were staring and gossiping about another blond hair dude.

"Excuse me, where's the exit?" Jesse asked a group of girls.

The pony-tailed blond girl ignored her and asked me, "So, are you new here? You have such cool armor..." She was poking my armor and smiled. (Evily)

"Uh, I wasn't the one talking. Maybe you should answer her first?" I pointed to Jesse. She seemed annoyed that they ignored her.

"Oh, right. Sorry darling. Exit's down here, to the left." She didn't seemed sorry though.

"K, thanks." Jesse replied.

Just then Petra and Ivor came behind us. We showed them the way out and went outside. There were trees and flowers everywhere. Wind blew fiercely, but it was an amazing sight.

"Leaving so soon?"

A figure suddenly appeared from above, and we were staring directly into it's yellow eyes.

"Gah!"

"Shh, don't be scared. It's just me, Drake."

We sighed and said hello to him. "Well...we really want to go home. You said you didn't know where the portal is, right?" Petra asked.

"Yeah, but the principal does. Go ahead and ask him." Then his eyes turned dark. "If you dare."

"What...?"

He turned around and called out to his dragon, which swooped down and picked him up.

"Is he...warning us?" Ivor said, crossing his arms.

"...I think he is. But where should we go now?" Petra pointed back at the school. "Everybody in there seems to be suspicious of us. We should probably stay out here."

"Good point." I agreed. But then something burst out from the school, like...smoke?

"Um...is that fire I sense?" Jesse said. It seems so.

"Come on! We need to help!" Petra rushed into the school, holding a water bucket. (where did she get that?)

I followed them and looked for the place which is on fire. It was in a science lab. Maybe someone did a wrong experiment...

Jesse and the others went in and poured out as much water as they have. I helped to guide the students to safety, and told them to wait outside.

"Oh, come on! It wasn't my fault!" A voice said from inside the lab. The fire had died down, and I could see a man and a girl in there. Jesse motioned for me to get into the lab.

"Rume, how many times do you have to cause trouble?"

"It isn't my fault! Tiffany's the one who started the fire! She bumped into me and made me spill the gasoline!"

"Alright alright, we'll settle this later." the man then turned to us, and smiled. "Thank you for guiding the students to safety. And putting out the fire as well. I am the principal of this academy, and we would be happy to provide you anything at all."

"Anything, hmm...?" Ivor stroked his beard.

"Actually, we would like a place to stay. But if your students refuse...we can't do anything about it." Jesse pointed to the group of students whispering.

"No worries, they're harmless. It's just that they haven't seen outsiders for so long. We can provide you the extra rooms at the top floor." Then he turned to the girl called Rume.

"As for you, why don't you be the guidance for them?"

Rume rolled her eyes and nodded.

The school was pretty big though. You'll need an elevator to get to your classes.

"Here's the room. Oh and remember to not wake up in the middle of the night. Mobs in this world can break down anything. So unless if you stay in your respective rooms with the barrier holding off, you're be fine."

She threw the key to Jesse, and walked away.

Jesse unlocked the door which revealed the inside of the room. It has multiple beds, just enough for the 4 of us to sleep in. There's also a bathroom, a giant window to view the sunset, and paintings on the wall.

"We should rest. It's getting late." Petra crawled into her bed and dozed off.

"Fine by me." Ivor also snuck into his bed and slept.

"Heh, well, see you tomorrow Lukas." Jesse hopped into bed and slept away.

I also did the same as everyone else, and was having a sweet dream until...

Hey....I'm back.

Pain shot through my head, but I couldn't wake up.

I stood up, and drew my sword, walking towards Jesse.

Let's have some fun.